Socializing Poults

I agree with you about the Chickens you are 100% about them and how they are.
But Turkeys are so far and any one that has different experiences please say so.
I have raised my Bourbon Reds from 3 day old Poults and at around 7 months of age they are as different from Chickens as Dogs and Cats.
chickens being like Cats and Turkeys like Dogs.

I have yet to have a Turkey Raised from a 3 Day old Poult show one instance of aggression towards me or my family.
This may change but this is my experience so far.
Matter of a fact it seems that these Turkeys like Dogs want to be around Humans any humans If I would let them they would greet any body that walks down my road.

That's very encouraging to hear, Frank! There is nothing fun about a man fighter, and like I said, I would hate to have to fight off a 30 pounder! I have owned just one turkey in my life, a BBW, and he was a dog. Had a friend that had one also, and he was MEAN! You couldn't get out of your vehicle or house without him coming after and flogging you. The problem as I see it though, was he was a lone turkey, and so he was probably very unhappy about that, can't blame him there. There can be one in every crowd, I guess, but I have had my fair share with the roosters. Can't wait till spring to get some poults, it will be a new ball game for sure!

Back
Top Bottom