Soda/Obesity Tax?

What do you think about the Soda/Obesity Tax?

• I support it - it's a great idea.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm on the fence.

• I'm against it.

• I don't drink sodas.

• Other - specify.

• Total voters
Quote:
The schools fail miserably at this but I do not think it's the teachers' faults. I can't imagine the frustration so many teachers must feel when they have to see these obese kids on a daily basis and are almost powerless to help. Physical education and nutrition are just too low priority and poorly taught subjects, in my experience.

I agree it's 90% the parents responsibility.

I know this is going to be brought up, but in NC we do have soda machines in schools. However, they are programmed to only dispense drinks after 3 pm (after school hours). The machines that dispense product during school hours have water and juice (also full of sugars...).

Quote:
The schools fail miserably at this but I do not think it's the teachers' faults. I can't imagine the frustration so many teachers must feel when they have to see these obese kids on a daily basis and are almost powerless to help. Physical education and nutrition are just too low priority and poorly taught subjects, in my experience.

I agree it's 90% the parents responsibility.

I know this is going to be brought up, but in NC we do have soda machines in schools. However, they are programmed to only dispense drinks after 3 pm (after school hours). The machines that dispense product during school hours have water and juice (also full of sugars...).

Yep Greenfamily...and that will be huge! Because those schools love that vending money!! There was a big fight (national I thought) about what constituted "healthy" vending items that could be sold in schools...at the time when they limited the hours things could be sold I think (not sure). So that fight will come back up again for sure!

They need to GO FOR IT...

Tax the Soda!

Might be some relief in store for the smokers who have been taxed for years!!!

Nobody stood up for the smokers, so lets all sit back and not worry about the chubby people either!

somad.gif

TAX BEER MORE TOO. might as well throw in CHIPS and Pretzels, hamburgers, happy meals and french fries.

I used to be a smoker, I quit 6 months ago when the last tax straw came for me, I refuse to pay more tax.

Last edited:
Quote:
gig.gif

Aww Mannn!! You've ruined School House Rock for me now!!!
th.gif
And that's where I learned how a bill becomes a law!!

Me too (where bill becomes a law).

Remember the one about nutrition? "gotta eat the skin cause it's good for you too" is a quote from it. It was all about eating vegies and stuff. It may not have been a schoolhouse rock video but something else. I can't find it.
sad.png

Quote:
They're trying to sneak it in quietly, without upsetting too many people, or until its too late for those people to stop it.

Same with the cig tax, smokers have been demonized for so long, nobody cared what the hell happened to them, the tax went through without a hitch, because they're taxing the "bad" people.

it will be one thing at a time. I don't know why they bother with trying to be sneaky - just very tax everything MORE already.

(so much for the promise of no more tax)

Back
Top Bottom