Soda Pop bottle waterer

Quote:
That is a great price. Most catalogs sell them for around $5.00 a pair.
hmm.png

I just bought a bunch of these from GDS and they were delivered today. Does anyone know of a larger bottle than the 20 oz soda that will fit these?
I tried an arrowhead water bottle and it was loose, are these suppose to fit snug? Thanks for any info

culter 8.95 for 12, the new coke bottles don't work the mouth of the bottle is to short, they fall apart, I've been using these for about 3 yrs, if you order them order extra springs they have a habit of shooting across the room and you can't find them and the blasted things are expensive any were but the place you get the waters from

Quote:
Good tip!! Wish someone had told me that when I got my first ones
hmm.png
Lucky for me (I think) the spring that I lost goes to the waterer that the stupid puppies chewed up, so it evened out
hmm.png

Another tip, when you remove the water bottle, don't leave the spring hanging on the cage. My coturnix think it's pretty funny to watch me search for it after they have dropped it on the floor
lol.png

The 20oz. Pepsi bottles fit just fine, I would think a 2 lliter Pepsi bottle would as well. But the spring would probably not fit around the 2 liter. You'd have to use wire or 2 springs.

culter 8.95 for 12, the new coke bottles don't work the mouth of the bottle is to short, they fall apart, I've been using these for about 3 yrs, if you order them order extra springs they have a habit of shooting across the room and you can't find them and the blasted things are expensive any were but the place you get the waters from

I found it too hard to try to attach the springs onto the cage sides so I attached the ends of the springs with paper clips that I uncoiled somewhat to make it easier to attach. I too found that the bottles had mouths that were a tad short - but I ended up cutting off the little ring (the bit that holds the bottle cap on initially) at the bottom of the mouth and that seemed to do the trick - well it did for me anyway.

ozzie​

Back
Top Bottom