I know my vet takes awhile to get in so I just called them and made an appointment for next Wednesday to get the eggs removed. Hopefully she will push them out before them because it will be extremely hard for me to afford it but I figured it's best to make the appointment sooner than later.

Also I did ask the vet about what rhe little white Gelatinous pieces were and they said most likely just malformed egg pieces which is what I assumed. My hypothesis is they are the reason she is having so much trouble pushing the big eggs out. When the vet said she dislodged one of the eggs from being stuck the same night I got 3 of those little pieces and hadn't gotten any for several days before so I think it's fair to assume the pieces are what the eggs are getting stuck on. I am getting more pieces from her every day so I just hope enough will come out for her to push the big eggs out before the vet appointment next Wednesday.

Attachments

• 20240520_102322.jpg
    20240520_102322.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 4
Pipsqueak and Puffin were so cute trying to go broody on one of Puffin's eggs this morning.

Penguin and Karen can be such little shits to her but Puffin is always her best friend every time I let them out in the morning they are always sitting right next to each other.

Pipsqueak is such a trooper out there foraging this morning when she has 2 eggs stuck in her. I felt her this morning and one of the eggs feels extremely close right by her vent I can feel it way more than I have been able to so far so I think she is getting close.

Still no egg, but she seemed to be feeling very good today. Lots of energy lots of splashing in the pool, preening, and foraging. Shocking considering the egg situation but I'm proud of her. I just put them all away for the night and she went right and jumped up on top of this cinderblock perch I put in about a month ago like it was nothing. Have not seen any of them using this perch yet so good to see.

Attachments

• 20240521_170408.jpg
    20240521_170408.jpg
    665.2 KB · Views: 2

Back
Top Bottom