Soft shell egg bound

The problem with feeding a whole grain type feed is it gives the bird an option to pick and choose which seed or grain they want to eat and which ones they don't.
That causes problems.

I cannot stress enough how important diet is and the best thing would be to feed only a crumbled or pelleted layer feed and that's it.

Unfortunately, I don't believe that changing their diet at this point is going to make much of a difference because reading back through some of your other threads, I think these issues have been going on for too long to be "fixed" at this stage.

Oh boy... I highly recommend that you stop feeding all of this stuff. And I mean all of it and only feed the 18% layer feed. And switch back to a pelleted or crumbled feet and not a whole grain feed.

The 18% layer feed is a complete balanced diet.
Every time you feed any of the stuff mentioned above, you are taking away from that bird getting a balanced diet.
Not getting a balanced diet causes the exact issues you're having in these birds.
I’m not sure you read my post correctly and if you did then I’m not sure where you’re coming from. Mealworms are a healthy source of protein
for chickens and a handful to a flock twice a week is not excessive. They are on a 18% crumble and a hen laying ration of 18% which contains assorted grains corn and black oil seeds which I split up 50/50 thru out the week.herbs are all good for them which they free range and pick them selves so if you want to criticize me for the probiotic yogurt ok fine but
A lot of people do that as a source of Calcium
for there hens. I see people on these blogs that are feeding their chickens everything but the kitchen sink! I DO NOT

Back
Top Bottom