soil heaters to keep water from freezing

CarharttBandit

Hatching
Dec 26, 2020
Has anyone ever used soil heaters in the ground to keep waterers from freezing. I use the little giant 5 gallon waterer and like them very much, but I can not find a heated water base that is for plastic waters to keep them from freezing and have tried the salt water bottle trick and it works until it gets down to 15 to 20 degrees. I did come across some soil heater cords that I am thinking about burying in the ground under my waterers and hooking up to a thermostat controlled outlet and I have three pens pretty close together that I could probably do three waters with one cord. Doesn't seem to be much info for the cord online.

https://www.amazon.com/Hydrofarm-JS...1608990893&sprefix=soil+heater,aps,179&sr=8-2

Has anyone ever used soil heaters in the ground to keep waterers from freezing. I use the little giant 5 gallon waterer and like them very much, but I can not find a heated water base that is for plastic waters to keep them from freezing and have tried the salt water bottle trick and it works until it gets down to 15 to 20 degrees. I did come across some soil heater cords that I am thinking about burying in the ground under my waterers and hooking up to a thermostat controlled outlet and I have three pens pretty close together that I could probably do three waters with one cord. Doesn't seem to be much info for the cord online.

https://www.amazon.com/Hydrofarm-JSHC48-JumpStart-Heating-48-Feet/dp/B00P218EFA/ref=sr_1_2?crid=32EJ7WFTXV6JS&dchild=1&keywords=soil+heater+cable&qid=1608990893&sprefix=soil+heater,aps,179&sr=8-2
Alternate method to prevent water freezing

No electricity required.

I use the little giant 5 gallon waterer and like them very much, but I can not find a heated water base that is for plastic waters to keep them from freezing
I've seen this one at my local TSC for plastic waterers.
20201121_121719_resized.jpg

But it was sold out last Wednesday when I was there.
Maybe try searching online if sold out near you.
I don't have that brand. Mine is for Galvanized waterers that I bought at TSC.

I've seen this one at my local TSC for plastic waterers.View attachment 2464880
But it was sold out last Wednesday when I was there.
Maybe try searching online if sold out near you.
I don't have that brand. Mine is for Galvanized waterers that I bought at TSC.

hmmm these must be fairly new I've never seen them before. Guess I'[ll look into them ... THANKS!

Back
Top Bottom