Solar Eclipse 2024 Coming April 8th!

Are you traveling to see it?

• Total voters
We drove down to Muncie and saw the totality. Fantastic! Just stopped in a store parking lot, next to two other cars, one with a couple from West Virginia, who drove to Indiana for the eclipse. Our trip was short in comparison, and it is so different from the partial eclipse we saw in 2017.
No pictures, just watched. So many excellent photos out there, didn't need ours.
Mary

Rojo, our rooster, gathered up his girls and herded them up close to the coop but they did not go in. They just kind of hunkered down close to the run and seemed ... puzzled and a bit stressed. Confused, I guess. I imagined them thinking, How can it be bedtime, we have not had our bedtime snack yet? It was eerily quiet as the day birds stopped singing and calling, then the evening birds started their songs. My son from NM thought it was really cool and impressive. I'm so glad he enjoyed it. We all did!

His long-time gf, a Native American, stayed indoors with the curtains closed. Her culture/ customs did not allow her to be outside during any part of the event, and she fasted from food and water for the duration. Afterward she went outside and had some kind of private ceremony. I love and respect her, she is an amazing person and I am so glad I had this chance to meet her. She is an EMT.

Wait. Are you in Montana? That's where the next eclipse is.
That is not Montana.

map2d-370x195.png

Back
Top Bottom