Solar lights

water fun2

In the Brooder
Nov 19, 2020
I am in the process of getting quail in the Spring. I am trying to buy some things I will need in the future.
What and where is the best place to buy solar lights for late Fall and Winter months.

I am in the process of getting quail in the Spring. I am trying to buy some things I will need in the future.
What and where is the best place to buy solar lights for late Fall and Winter months.
1609199845914.gif

Lots of people recommend Amazon.

Welcome to team Quail!

I live off grid, and personally I'd say your most dependable light would be one that is hooked up to a real solar setup (Even a very small one) with a separate deep cycle battery to recharge/power the light(s).

Of course, it is the more expensive option, (even when done cheap) but I find it much more reliable than those classic garden solar light style lights with the very dim LEDs. They just don't function up to snuff in the colder months in my opinion. (it gets pretty cold here though, so you may have more luck)

Even the most basic solar kit would usually come with auxiliary lights to hang that connect straight to the charge controller. You would just have to get a deep cycle battery to hold that charge, and then release it over night. There are a few kits around 40-60$ mark i was looking at that include a small battery bank, 2 or 3 lights, and a small panel to keep it charged. Those come with batteries, but i haven't used them in the cold, so i cant speak to that yet. I will say that I was considering them soon for my coop soon as a lighting option. Something like those or a more upscale solar setup with lights and a deep cycle just seems like it could have a more broad spectrum use for the cost to me.

Interested in knowing what you choose as a solution.

Good luck!

Walmart end of year mark down section in garden path lighting. Buy twice as many and add more after solstice if the first ones fade. Quality varies from light to light.

Cheapest option but I’m still getting eggs.

I've been using these. They have an adjustable timer. Available on amazon.

Good so far, but this is season 1.

images

Solar Lights,LOZAYI Solar Lights Outdoor,IP65 Waterproof 16.4Ft Cord Remote Control Led Outdoor Lights Pendant Light with 270°Wide Adjustable Solar Panel for Home Yard Garden Decorate-Warm White

Brand: LOZAYI

Was: $29.99
Price:$25.99 & FREE Returns

Back
Top Bottom