Solar or AC Powered Fence Carger?

RoostersCrow HensDeliver!

Crowing
12 Years
Apr 11, 2011
SE Michigan
I saw somewhere in this forum that someone said that the solar fence chargers don't work or don't last. Is this true? I would hate to spend the money on it (they are much more expensive than the AC) and have it not work (or work for very long). Thanks for any opinions.

I've had my solar chargers (2 different chargers in differing strengths) for 3 years and they continue to work beautifully. I've only ever had one problem with them when we didn't get any sun for 13 days. The batteries went flat. A trickle charger re-upped the batteries and when the sun finally came out the chargers continued to do their magic. I love the solar chargers because I can't run power out into the 11 acres I own. The power is near the house, but the animals are all kept out in the forest away from the house, so power is not an option out there. I feel much safer knowing all my livestock is caged behind electric fences. I couldn't do that without the solar chargers.

Yes, when you put a gate in, there is a specific gate attachment where each side is attached the electric rope/tape. It's kinda on a hook and you can safely grab it because it has a plastic cover over the metal. Of course you should put your charger right near you gate so you can turn it off first.

I don't have solar chargers for my chickens but I do have them for my horse and for my sheep and goats and they work amazing. I have never had a bit of trouble with them and my horse stays in her pasture and not in the neighbors back yard.

Back
Top Bottom