SOLD-16 eggs-Welsummers and Cuckoo Marans $30. shipping Inc. TN.

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by poultrylady, Nov 19, 2008.

1. poultrylady

poultrylady Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2008
    Delano, Tn.
    I have 16 eggs, 8 Welsummers and 8 Cuckoo Marans, collected yesterday and today (Tue. and Wed) for $30 shipping included. These are all purebred, beautiful birds kept in seperate coops. If interested just post sold. Thanks! I would like to mail these out Thursday so they will make it before the weekend.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2008
  2. Buckaroo

Buckaroo Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2008
    Milton Florida
    Where are your Marans from?

3. poultrylady

Feb 12, 2008
    Delano, Tn.
    These Marans are from a breeder that live in Athens Tn. I bought my chicks from her and have had them for around 1 yr. I don't know where she got hers but they are clean legged and very nice. I am well pleased with them.

4. CountryMom

CountryMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 21, 2008
    South Texas
    Sent you a pm!

5. CountryMom

Jun 21, 2008
    South Texas
    Just wanted to let you know the eggs arrived. Looks like a ding in the corner and two were broken (2 cuckoos.) Darn post office! Your packing was really good I must say! The Welsummer eggs are SOOO DARK! A couple cuckoos are light, but most are good and dark. I am letting them warm up to room temps. Bator is warm and waiting. Looking forward to replacing my son's Wellie most of all.

Thanks a bunch!

6. poultrylady

Feb 12, 2008
    Delano, Tn.
    I hope you have a great hatch rate! I am really happy with my Welsummers, they do lay a very dark egg.

7. chickiebaby

chickiebaby Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 2, 2008
    western mass
    An more of these? I have two INSANELY broody girls right now and I'd love to give em something to do . . tho is never went above freezing at all today. Would I be foolish to let em try?

8. CountryMom

Jun 21, 2008
    South Texas
    chickiebaby you wouldn't regret getting these for the quality look of the eggs. Now temps I won't know as I am WAY south in Texas and have a small animal barn to put them in that is temp controled. Brooding won't be a problem. Now I am just crossing my fingers that whatever the post did to crunch the cornor of the package didn't damage the eggs for hatch rate. [​IMG]

My son came and saw them shortly after I posted. His eyes were huge when he saw how dark his Wellie eggs were. LOL Mind you he is 7 years old, but it was priceless. LOL So glad you marked them as I couldn't tell the difference in color.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by