Solution to mouse problem?

What's your mouse removal solution?

• baited snap traps

Votes: 6 100.0%
  • live trap box (for release or drowning)

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • sticky traps

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • get mad & do nothing--haha

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • other option--please explain

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters
I take a regular victor mousetrap and a bamboo skewer, i cut off about an inch of the bamboo and stick in in the hole of the part you set the trap at, hard to explain but then it works like a lever. I bait the top of the bamboo with a ball of cheese or pnut butter and it sticks up like a lolipop. There is no stealing the bait from there because it takes about a 10th of the movement to set off the trap.

I take a regular victor mousetrap and a bamboo skewer, i cut off about an inch of the bamboo and stick in in the hole of the part you set the trap at, hard to explain but then it works like a lever. I bait the top of the bamboo with a ball of cheese or pnut butter and it sticks up like a lolipop. There is no stealing the bait from there because it takes about a 10th of the movement to set off the trap.
Interesting. Could you post a photo?

Anytime mice get into our basement, they seem to go for the chocolate. When I have mice that don't like peanut butter, I switch to nutella. They love that stuff. But, next time I have an issue, I might have to try aart's wedged in food idea.

My neighbor was catching chipmunks with a spring load rat trap and a single in-shell peanut tied to the bait lever. Little suckers never even got their last meal.

Back
Top Bottom