Solutions for peeling fresh boiled eggs

Sammi_0411

Crowing
Jun 20, 2020
England UK
Hey so I've noticed boiling my gals fresh eggs I really struggle to peel the shell with out ripping the whole egg apart any one have a solution to this?
Tia
Sam xx

Can't say for certain about fresh laid eggs ( I can tell you in five months). But with store bought eggs using a rapid hardboiler, like dash, vs traditional in a pot boiling, the difference in difficulty is night and day. The rapid hardboiled devices make them much easier to peel.

Agreed that older eggs peel the best.

If you have to use really fresh eggs, try pouring salt in the water before you boil.

Also, rinsing cooked eggs in ice water (I actually use ice cubes) & peeling immediately also helps.

I use my Instant Pot. 1 cup of water in the pot. Lay the eggs on the trivet, or egg holder if you have one. 4 minutes high pressure, 4 minutes natural release, then rapid release, and into ice water. Even day old eggs peel easily.

for all boiled eggs, fresh or not, after cooling, use a knife and cut in half; then use a teaspoon to scoop out the egg - try to get the spoon tip between the membrane and the shell, then scoop. it is the easiest way I know of, especially with really fresh eggs!
Hey so I've noticed boiling my gals fresh eggs I really struggle to peel the shell with out ripping the whole egg apart any one have a solution to this?
Tia
Sam xx

Back
Top Bottom