(Solved) Ducks quack really quiet.

They're only a few months old (like 2 or 3) so that may be why his voice is softer. I'm probably just a little jumpy about things getting stucknin their gizzards because I lost a goose to sour crop mid winter and they don't give you any signs that somethings wrong until its critical. So I try to jump on it as soon as I see something wrong.
I'm really sorry to hear about your goose. I understand being extra careful after an unexpected loss like that.

You mentioned something about spreading food out? Do you mean on the ground? If so, to avoid food getting moldy it is best to feed from bowls and pick up any food that they spill. It can be pretty annoying, since they are so messy. Pellets are the easiest to pick up.

Good luck with everything. Check back in and let us know how everything is going!

Did they definitely quack before their crops were full?
Could you share a photo of the duck?
I'm sorry to intrude on this convo. I have 9week old mallard ducks. As far as I know one is male and female. My male lost his voice after he got something stuck in his throat he was 4 weeks old. He has a whisper to communicate with the female. Will it come back? What can I do. He is healthy, he eats everything and is energetic. Should I do anything

I'm sorry to intrude on this convo. I have 9week old mallard ducks. As far as I know one is male and female. My male lost his voice after he got something stuck in his throat he was 4 weeks old. He has a whisper to communicate with the female. Will it come back? What can I do. He is healthy, he eats everything and is energetic. Should I do anything
:welcome Do you know what was stuck in his throat? maybe it damaged his vocal cords to where this will be his voice from now on. As long as whatever it was is not there any longer and he is doing all things ducky this just may be his normal voice from here on out.

Back
Top Bottom