*Solved* See below. Little Roo - Any idea what he might be?

SadiesRoost

Chirping
Jul 12, 2020
*Solved* He is a Mille Fleur Old English Game Bantam. What was throwing us off the trail was the comb/wattles. When they show these guys, they "dub" (cut) the comb/wattles, so when you search standard or images, it will show "dubbed comb" which will appear to be more like a rose or button comb. But he is unaltered.
I've only had LF chickens, but this little guy joined our hens today. Not sure if he will decide to stay or not, but curious if any thoughts on potential breed? I don't have a rooster and am open to let him stay, if he is well behaved and doesn't teach the girls how to fly the coop! Thus far everyone is well behaved and getting along fine. Will he be able to fertilize eggs - or is the size ratio going to be an issue? (I only ask just incase I have a broody in the spring)

P.S. I'm in Florida that is why they still have greens on January 1st Thanks for any input.

Attachments

• Little Roo 2.jpg
    Little Roo 2.jpg
    508.8 KB · Views: 20
  • Little Roo.jpg
    Little Roo.jpg
    511.3 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
I've only had LF chickens, but this little guy joined our hens today. Not sure if he will decide to stay or not, but curious if any thoughts on potential breed? I don't have a rooster and am open to let him stay, if he is well behaved and doesn't teach the girls how to fly the coop! Thus far everyone is well behaved and getting along fine. Will he be able to fertilize eggs - or is the size ratio going to be an issue? (I only ask just incase I have a broody in the spring)

Thanks for any input.
He will be able to fertilize eggs.
Someone dumped him in with your girls.
He looks to be Mille Fleur colored.
Breed....we need better pics.

He is definitely a bantam. Clean pink legs, not notice a beard, but I'm not an expert on that. So I'm leaning towards Mille Fleur OEGB as stated above. Unless the extremely rare Bantam Speckled Sussex. We do have a farm swap that occurs across the street 2Xs a month, I'll have to inquire if anyone over there has had them or lost one. Other animals have been known to get loose. He's been in the woods for awhile so not sure how long ago it could have been. Best pictures I can get of him... he moves fast and blurs his face.

Attachments

• Lil Roo Face.jpg
    Lil Roo Face.jpg
    819.3 KB · Views: 16
  • roo and lily.jpg
    roo and lily.jpg
    963.8 KB · Views: 15

Back
Top Bottom