Solway Auto Water Water System Is Installed - But Leaking (Advise?)

Just wondering if you resolved your leaking issue? I built my own horizontal waterer using a 5 gal bucket. I was told at Home Depot and Ace Hardware that it would be difficult/impossible to fix the leak on the side of the bucket.

If the bulkhead fitting is on the side of the bucket..... they are not designed to work on a round surface...

Yes, I did fix the leaks....

I used RectorSeal T Plus 2 PTFE Enriched Pipe Thread Sealant on the leak I had from the connection at the bucket. Worked like a charm!

As for the nipples...I took all of the Teflon tape off the threads and then re-tightened them back in the PVC pipe again...this time...I tightened them in nearly all the way into the PVC tube. No leaks from there either after that.

Now....onto my larger issue.... We had a freeze come through after I got all the leaks fixed...and wouldn't you know it....the PVC tube cracked. Doh!

Oh, and to be fair to the Solway U.S. Rep....he did respond and said he'd refund my entire purchase amount in the morning.

Wow!

Not what I was expecting, nor what I want. I don't feel I'm 100% dissatisfied. I just have one water leak now to contend with that I need help with. I've asked him for the part numbers of of the leaking components so I can purchase them and build it drip free.

There's no mistaking the statement, "YOUR 100% SATISFACTION IS GUARANTEED!!!!!!!"

Sent him back an email telling him to please not refund my monies...just need help fixing the last leak.

Just wondering if Solway actually sent you a refund or was that just talk???
If they did was it all or just part of your money???
Would you do business with them again???

Just wondering if Solway actually sent you a refund or was that just talk???
If they did was it all or just part of your money???
Would you do business with them again???

Yes, Rich, who is also a member of this forum....did refund my monies spent on this equipment I purchased from him. I did not ask for this refund, but he wanted to hold up to his 100% satisfaction guarantee. Very surprising, as I did mention to him that I do not expect him to return any monies...I was just looking for assistance in fixing the issues at hand.

Rich gave a full refund of my monies.

Would I do business with Soway again? I can't say for certain as I don't know what other products they have available for purchase. As for another one of these watering systems...I would not. I felt I had too many issues right out the gate with it. Maybe a better writeup in the instructions and or even providing Pipe Thread Sealant or just seal the bucket connection ahead of time.

I don't know of any other of their customers had the same problems I did....so, maybe I'm just an odd one here.

I do appreciate the fact that they Rich and Solway did live up to their 100% satisfaction though I wasn't expecting the return of my monies. I feel Rich and Solway are honest, but again, don't think I'd recommend this system or purchase another one of these systems from them.

Instead of tossing this entire system into the trash....I'm going to see if I can replace the PVC tube that mounts the nipples and see if I can bring it back to life. Though, when the freeze comes back...it would seem that I need to drain all the water from the system. If I place a heater in the bucket...I don't think it will heat the water down into the PVC tube and nipples as they are down stream from the bucket. The water in the bucket may be fine...but the water down from it will still be frozen and I'd get another crack in the PVC tube.

Anyone have recommendations on this.....or is a system like this just not worth the hassle for the winter season with freeze?

Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom