Some eggy help please!

feather236

Chirping
Sep 10, 2019
Hello! I am planning to hatch some quails. I live in Singapore, so fertile quail eggs are hard to come by. Does anyone know where I can get some?

On the same topic, is it really possible to hatch quail eggs from the supermarket? I have seen quite a few success stories, mainly A Chick Called Albert (
) and Fish and Chicks (
). I heard that this is because it is harder to identify male quails from female quails, so they get mixed up and fertile eggs end up being produced.

Thanks!

If that is your only source of eggs, it's worth a try.
Yeah... It's my only source of eggs sadly. Google isn't helpful too. :barnie

A chick called albert is a great channel, I watch him a lot. I would go for it.
Yep, ACCA has great videos, I love them! :wee

I think I'm going to try incubating supermarket quail eggs when I am free. Even if they don't work out, it will still be a fun experience!
Thanks for the help guys! :)

Yeah... It's my only source of eggs sadly. Google isn't helpful too. :barnie

Yep, ACCA has great videos, I love them! :wee

I think I'm going to try incubating supermarket quail eggs when I am free. Even if they don't work out, it will still be a fun experience!
Thanks for the help guys! :)
@feather236 did you follow through with trying to hatch eggs from the supermarket? Did they hatch? I am in Singapore too and just embarking on trying to get some fertile eggs to hatch.

@feather236 did you follow through with trying to hatch eggs from the supermarket? Did they hatch? I am in Singapore too and just embarking on trying to get some fertile eggs to hatch.

Yep, I did try to incubate supermarket quail eggs, albeit with a less than ideal homemade incubator. I was thinking that even if the temperatures in my homemade incubator were not perfect, any fertile egg should have still developed a bit. But sadly, I candled them and none of them were fertile. :(

Yep, I did try to incubate supermarket quail eggs, albeit with a less than ideal homemade incubator. I was thinking that even if the temperatures in my homemade incubator were not perfect, any fertile egg should have still developed a bit. But sadly, I candled them and none of them were fertile. :(
That's unfortunate that none of the eggs made it. So are you still pursuing to hatch eggs? I must say it's really hard to obtain fertile eggs in Singapore.

I kind of gave up on finding fertile eggs.

I must say it's really hard to obtain fertile eggs in Singapore.
Exactly, it’s very hard. :(

Hopefully somewhere in the future, I will chance upon a website or seller that sells fertile quail eggs. :hmm

There is actually a quail farm in Singapore. So if you are keen on just hatching quails, perhaps you can consider visiting the farm. I am sure the farm will have some fertilised eggs. Here is the farm:
https://g.co/kgs/KcgaNk

Back
Top Bottom