Some Garden Coop tips

Question: if you don't use the closure strips for the corrugated roof, do you still drill and screw through the peaks (as you're supposed to) or the valleys?

Well, you need to screw the corrugated roof on somehow. If you use the closure strips you're supposed to screw it in through the peaks. I'm curious how you'd do it without the closure strips.
Yes, I understand that.
How did you screw the rest of the roof down...in places there is not a closure strip?

Yes, I understand that.
How did you screw the rest of the roof down...in places there is not a closure strip?

Oh, these are horizontal closure strips that run the entire length of the purlin, so if you're using them you're using them you're always attaching the roof to the closure strips. There's nowhere else to attach it to!

Oh, these are horizontal closure strips that run the entire length of the purlin, so if you're using them you're using them you're always attaching the roof to the closure strips. There's nowhere else to attach it to!
I didn't realize you used the closure strips everywhere, apologies.
Are the closure strips a soft foam?
Maybe @JacksonPearce can offer a viable solution.

I didn't realize you used the closure strips everywhere, apologies.
Are the closure strips a soft foam?
Maybe @JacksonPearce can offer a viable solution.

No worries.
The closure strips come in wood, plastic, or foam. You can see them along the purlins right in the banner image on the Garden Coop website: http://www.thegardencoop.com/

I initially didn't buy any based on this post, but as I'm preparing to put the roof on I'm realizing I'm not sure how to do it without them. Just looking for any insight from anyone who has done it.

Question: if you don't use the closure strips for the corrugated roof, do you still drill and screw through the peaks (as you're supposed to) or the valleys?

To answer my own question: if you're not using the closure strips just drill through the valleys. You'll need 1" screws, though, not the 2" screws you would need if you were using the closure strips.

Back
Top Bottom