Some good foods to feed (or not feed) your chickens!

yallowchicken81819

In the Brooder
Jul 10, 2023
Northwest Ohio
Hi! I am here to give some tips on maybe what you could feed your chickens if they are tired of feed!
Black Oil sunflower seeds (shell on)
Broccoli leaves (Leaves of the plant itself, not the flower)
Lemon Balm (they will eat any part of the plant
Organic fresh berries (I have given them gojiberries, raspberries, blackberries, and strawberries)

Hope this helped some of you!!! :)

Interesting, I have Lemon Balm growing in their free range area and no chicken eats it at all. Of course, I was told chickens will eat mouse, but my chickens welcome mouse to share their feed and treats.

Interesting, I have Lemon Balm growing in their free range area and no chicken eats it at all. Of course, I was told chickens will eat mouse, but my chickens welcome mouse to share their feed and treats.
Maybe it isn't lemon balm? All 12 of mine gobble it up instantly! If you are unsure maybe you could show a picture? I believe you when you say its lemon balm but that is odd...

Maybe it isn't lemon balm? All 12 of mine gobble it up instantly! If you are unsure maybe you could show a picture? I believe you when you say its lemon balm but that is odd...
I don't have pictures now, but I bought it from Lowes with a label says lemon balm. It definitely smells and looks like a lemon balm.

lemon balm

Does your lemon balm look like this?

I never tried blackberries, but they loves strawberries and raspberries from my garden. However, they do NOT like strawberries from store! :th I know my strawberries taste better, but don't think it's a huge difference.

I never tried blackberries, but they loves strawberries and raspberries from my garden. However, they do NOT like strawberries from store! :th I know my strawberries taste better, but don't think it's a huge difference.
As someone who grows strawberries in my garden, there is quite a difference. Same thing with my cucumbers/zucchini

Back
Top Bottom