SOME OF MY SERAMA ROO'S

very nice I need a roo!
big_smile.png

oh gosh, you would have to post all of those beautiful roos just to tease me wouldn't you? i've been on "roo hunt" for a little while, trying to find one i really love. that first pic - yum! he is gorgeous!!!!
i will have to be getting some eggs from you after i hatch out what's currently in my bator(s).

those are amazing. just amazing!

Those are gorgous Frank they look great!!
smile.png
I should have both eggs and birds in this week for some seramas from 2 different breeders so I'm excited and looking forward to it!!
I can't wait!!!! Soon as I can I want to get some eggs from you also so I have more lines to work with. Keep up the good work they really are beautiful!!
silkie

Someone asked about the personality type of Seramas. I'd very much like to know the same. They are cute little buggers, but what is it really like to own them? Because of their size, I'm guessing they need to be kept separately. Do you house them in breeder cages?

I'd appreciate any input about how caring for/keeping Serams is different from standards/bantams, and also input about what their personalities are typically like.

The birds are beautiful, by the way.
smile.png

Laura

In Maylasia, they're bred as pets, so they're supposed to have very laid back, friendly dispositions, wanting human contact. I know there are exceptions to the rule, so I guess it just depends on how much you handle them. I've read that some say that if you incubate them and take care of them yourself vs. letting a hen hatch them, that the chicks will be friendlier.

Just in case Frank gets held up for a bit, Seramas have awesome dispositions. They are absolute sweethearts. Of course, you occasionally, as with any breed, get an aggressive little bugger, but for the most part they are calm, sweet, and love to "show off". I would keep my hens in with my bantams and 1 standard, but my cochin picks on them. I've had no problems with the rest of my ladies though. So most people keep them separate because we breed them. I'm sure if you had a bantam pen and some hens they would do just fine together.

They're beautiful Frank. Can't wait till the eggs you sent me hatch out. Hope to get some males that look like their daddies.

I noticed you wrote "BS" on two of the eggs so I'm assuming they are Brain Sparks eggs but what do the letters on the other eggs represent? I'm guessing either which hen or which rooster? I'll let you know which ones hatch - my plan is for all of them so thanks for sending extras.

sorry not on here sooner,

henrietta- they are great little birds, i love them and they are big ole pushovers. very friendly, i have other very large breed bird and guineas and turkeys, so that being said i have to keep them seperate.. also do to the weather being cold i keep them inside a heated outbuilding during fall and winter-in the spring they will come out in chicken tractor for daily grass and bug eating.. and yes i do have them in large 36in-36in breeder cages with plumbed ziggity line for water ---and large colony pens for more than 3 birds but less than 6. spare roo's of unkwown type are kept in large kennel with deep litter method and perches w/wind break and roof.. until i figure if they are good/cull
hope this helps

ruth- the eggs are marked ref to rooster and group or bloodline, bs-sparks/A-avatar roo/S-silkie/X=BLACK LINE 1-2/ T/= black line 3 improved/ br=mottled line/le=luanne/elaine line--

these are ref's to me so i can track my birds and hatches/bloodline sorry for all the ink but the only way for me not to get confused..

thanks to sara for helping explain things ref to serama. and thanks for all folks commenting on my little birdies...

Last edited:
Thanks Frank for the code breakdown. I'll let you know how they do. Of course since they are all going to hatch
smile.png
I probably won't know which ones hatched from which egg unless I'm there watching and can mark the baby somehow.

Question - I have 5 eggs with no marking. Who da daddy?

Back
Top Bottom