Some people are scum! An update, please give ideas...

I am glad we picked them up too, but it is not that I want to be acknowledge for that, it just makes me so mad that people just abandon animals. I am willing to bet my next week's paycheck that the momma kitten didn't get fixed and this will happen again.
barnie.gif

I'm in NO way excusing dumping animals, I'm curious (maybe because my mind just can't comprehend why people do things like that). Does your area have an animal shelter or humane society???? I guess I just don't understand WHY somebody would dispose of animals like trash on the side of the road, especially if those facilities are available (NOT saying it's okay if they aren't)... That was kind of you guys to pick them up!

We do have a humane society, somebody told me today they thought is was full. I don't know, we thought we would try to find homes for them. Actually the two I showed pics of are staying here. She will keep two and my sister will take one. When we get the other one, not if but when, then we will have to find a home for it.

Himalayan or Rag Doll.... long haired cats generally dont get the long hair until they are a bit older.

They are very pretty.

I hope you got the plate in the idiot who did this! What a jerk

So are you saying you think these cats are older than three months? I am just guessing. Have no idea! Rag doll cat, I will have to look that up. He does look like the pic of a rag doll cat on the web, he is floppy when I pick him up and he loves to be held on his back in my lap. Is there something different about these cats that I should know about?

Last edited:
Based on the picture of them together, the lighter one should have a larger body according to the size of it's head, but it could just be the angle.

They look well groomed and have healthy fur and good eyes otherwise, and no nasal discharge, all pluses.

They are cute. Good luck on catching the sixth! Do you have pics of the other three?

What pretty kitties! You and your friend are angels for rescuing them. The world needs more caring people like you.
hugs.gif

Yes, people can be so cruel. I volunteer at a cat rescue group in my area and it just
somad.gif
he.gif
INFURIATES me at the attitude some people have concerning animals. They are not objects, trash, disposable or feelingless. They cannot 'fend for themselves' or 'find a home that will take them in' by themselves.
rant.gif

It's just sad how some people can abdicate their responsibility so easily and without shame. It will come to judgement one day but luckily the good people of the world are here to clean up their messes.
I truly think it begins in childhood. Either you are taught respect for God's creatures and the responsibility you have in caring for them or you're taught selfish disregard and a low value on lives of lesser creatures. For every happy story like your there are many, many unhappy ones.
hit.gif

The himalayan kitty sounds like a ragdoll-type if he goes limp like that. They are wonderful cats! The tiger one has a sweet face.
Good luck with them and God bless you both for making a difference.

The black and white kitty looks almost just like the kitty I rescued. A man was driving down the road throwing kittens out the window. He was only driving about 60mph so I guess he thought that was an appropriate thing to do
somad.gif
Anyway hubby pulled up next to him at the light and yelled out the window at him and the man hit him with a kitten. The poor thing barely made it but is now happy and healthy. I guess I will always wonder what happened to the other 15 or so that hit the pavement
hit.gif

I am so glad there are other people in this world with an open heart to help save these poor victims too.

I am not sqaying it is ok to dump animals, but maybe the guy was looking at things differently and was raised differently than you or I I mean maybe he doesn't have a shelter to take them to or doesn't know of one. Unlike Dogs, Cats can hunt and survive in the wild. I guess what I am trying to say is put yourself in the cats place......... Which would you choose death or life in the wild where you have a chance of survival. Cats have been around a long time. Long before us arrogant humans that think they need us to survive made them our pets. If you look around you will see a lot of feral cats that actually do pretty well for themselves no not the pampered ones that live in a house and eat Fancy Feast, but the ones that live wild. Of course a cat will take a free meal of fish or beef or chcken over a mouse any day but a mouse will provide needed protien just as well. I am not trying to discount your concern over the kittens and it is admirable you did something to help them. I am just saying would it be better to shoot the kittens than let them go free? Many of us advocate the dispatch of extra Chickens but if your Cat becomes preggo before you have her fixed would it be better to kill them or ack...... set them free I know neither is a good idea but sometimes a person chooses the lesser of too evils and maybe the guy is not a jerk just didn't really think it through and doesn't want to kill his kittens.
He may have made a mistake and thought he was doing the right thing. Here's the thing . Those cats are definately doing better now than the way they were right? So in a twisted sort of way he made the right sort of decision.

Or...............he may be a jerk.

Chances are the police would take your report and do nothing about it anyway. In these times of cutbacks and layoffs they are probably busy with more pressing matters.

momma's chickens :

I don't know how much cats are suppose to weigh but why can I feel all these bones. They ate like they were starving. I will be calling my vet tomorrow. How much do normal three month old kitties weigh?

I think these pics are deceiving because I zoom in on them.

Those look pretty healthy for dumped cats. Mine were skinny skinny when I got them off the side of the road - as in when they ate their belly ballooned out all funny looking compared to the body.

My female cat was about 3lbs the first time she went to the vet, he estimated them to be about 3 months old then. The male was already 5lbs at the time.
She was only about 5lbs when she was spayed at about 7 months. I think she's up to a whopping 7lbs now!

Both of my cats are a bit on the small side, compared to others I know. There's a big variety in the size of "domestic shorthair" cats since they're not any particular "breed"
You can feel their bones now, as adults, and I promise you that mine are well fed! I think their coat condition is a better indicator than bones - and those babies have nice looking coats. Too bad somebody didn't want them!

but if your Cat becomes preggo before you have her fixed would it be better to kill them or ack...... set them free I know neither is a good idea but sometimes a person chooses the lesser of too evils and maybe the guy is not a jerk just didn't really think it through and doesn't want to kill his kittens.

You should have her spayed anyway, kitty abortion style. You should NOT set them free in the wild to reproduce over and over again. That's what my neighbor does. I shot one of her cats last week because it got caught in my live trap. Another one of hers got shipped out to my in-law's house, and yet another one got ran over in the street outside their house and they just left it there all afternoon.
If my cat were to meet an untimely end on the road I would get it out of the street and properly bury it! I'm sure the mama's are already baking next spring's kittens (ok, maybe it's a bit early for that, but you get what I mean). If our area had a "trap neuter release" program I would take the ones I trap there since they're wild they're not very adoptable but could be released without reproducing and adding to the problem. I can't afford to pay out for somebody else's half-wild cat so it's a .22 to the head if I catch one. Sorry guys, but a wild cat living on the streets and in dumpsters just isn't a very good life. Spay/neuter your kitties or don't have any at all.​

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom