Some people are scum! An update, please give ideas...

Oh my God throwing them out the window - why do people like this exist- Glad your friend went by at the right time - or who know what would have happened to them - wish people would spay/neuter there animals or take responsibilty if they don't
they are pretty kitties

You might be able to find a link to this but right now here in Phoenix there is mass cat murders going on. Seriously! The other day I saw on Fox 10 where someone had taken 6 cats shaved them completely made a slit on each side of the LIVE cats and sewed them all together side by side. The things that people do to animals is disgusting. I think all 6 of those cats lived. They showed them on the news after they had been unstitched and fixed up properly.

Many years ago my husband went into the post office and heard something coming from a box. People here play tricks putting bobcats in boxes for people to find so hubby was quite leary and took the box to the postal worker up front who told him, "You found it. You keep it!" Hubby brought the box home and slowly cut a tiny hole then slowly kept making the hole bigger and bigger til he could see. Anyway long story short there was a beautiful kitten in there that someone had covered with duct tape and acid. The vet suggested putting the cat down but hubby's secretary insisted she could help it. After a few thousand dollars in vet bills the cat lived. He earned the name Postal and has out lived every cat in the house. There are deep scars but Postal is awesome and about 12 years old now. Slow in his old age but good kitty nonetheless.

God bless everyone that takes the time to save an animal.

Very lucky kitties that your friend saw this happen and picked them up. I have seen and picked up to many dumped cats, kittens, dogs and puppies that were left by the road or on my ranch. They are terrified and confused, many starving and dehydrated. So no, I don't care the reasoning, it is wrong to dump any animal. Yes, I think it is better to be humanly euthanized then to be dumped to try to survive on their own and suffer predation and diseases.

Feral cats on the streets/in the woods lead miserable, short lives filled with disease, cold, starvation and fear. They breed and the few that manage to make it become pests that must be 'dealt with'.
Domestic cats are not wild animals anymore. Feral may mean ' to revert back to wild state', but kittens and cats dropped off or abandoned know NOTHING about survival. They will die of disease, starvation, exposure or be killed by cars or predators or end up desperately looking for a meal IN YOUR HEN HOUSE.
Ignorance is a poor excuse for animal cruelty IMO. Anyone with half a heart would know that dumping an animal to fend for itself is a death sentence. The blood is still on their hands although their ignorance may allow them to sleep at night.
rant.gif

There IS help out there for unwanted cats if people would just take some time and invest some effort in finding them. Or better yet - SPAY/NEUTER your pets. There is no excuse besides laziness because nearly everywhere has low cost/free services for those who need them.

That's actually how alot of our animals came to us. We even had one guy pull in our driveway and get a kitten out of his trunk> Here's a pic of that spoiled rotten brat now...
33557_p7080019.jpg

We also have a beagle that recently found us b/c of someone dumping him out of their truck.
It's sad but I would rather have them drop them off here if they don't want them or can't care for them, instead of disposing of them in another way.
hmm.png

Hoosiermomma, your kitty is beautiful.

It was so funny tonight, the kitten that we were keeping, the long haired white one, was by my friend on the computer and I said to dh I wonder the other one is. He said on the couch above your head. My friend said you have to keep this cat and I told him we are, it is the other one we are going to look for a home for and dh said, oh he has a home, he is staying, you knew that when you brought hime here. I told him I told you I was looking for a home for him and I found him one, here. He just looked at me and laughed. He acts so tough!!
love.gif

Awwww, they're sweet! You're a saint for rescuing them!
hugs.gif
The siamese looking one, I have one just like that, her name is Ming Ming, a rescue also, from our animal control! Keep up the great work, I know its hard sometimes, especially when you get soooo many.
thumbsup.gif

momma's chickens :

So are you saying you think these cats are older than three months? I am just guessing. Have no idea! Rag doll cat, I will have to look that up. He does look like the pic of a rag doll cat on the web, he is floppy when I pick him up and he loves to be held on his back in my lap. Is there something different about these cats that I should know about?

Really sweet cats. Passive and love to be held!
My friend has had some and would even now jump at a chance to add another one to her collection.​

I wouldn't be worried about the one you can't catch he'll be fine on his own as long as he dosn't get hit.......

Back
Top Bottom