Some people are scum! An update, please give ideas...

hugs.gif
Good for you for taking them in! Some people are just terrible. They are beautiful kitties!

thumbsup.gif

What a good person you are for taking them in. Too bad the guys license plate wasn't called into the police. I can't believe that people still believe that cats and kittens that are home raised can survive in the wild. Ferel cats can because their mothers teach them how to hunt. But if you home raise kittens they are used to eating from a bowl. They will not live long in the wild and will die a miserable death.
Thanks for saving these little guys from starving.

Quote:
All due respect for your optimism but the kitty that got away will NOT be fine. Winter in Idaho? The cat will die, if not from predators, a vehicle or someone shooting it as a nuisance then from cold and starvation. That is what happens to pets that are let loose in the wild to fend for themselves if they are not rescued by kindhearted people who know that a life without a loving family is a death sentence. Don't let anyone tell you different.

Quote:
All due respect for your optimism but the kitty that got away will NOT be fine. Winter in Idaho? The cat will die, if not from predators, a vehicle or someone shooting it as a nuisance then from cold and starvation. That is what happens to pets that are let loose in the wild to fend for themselves if they are not rescued by kindhearted people who know that a life without a loving family is a death sentence. Don't let anyone tell you different.

If they do survive they can and will spread diseases such as FIV and Feline Leukemia. Also, they can be detrimental to local wildlife.

Great point, Iowa Roo Mom. Sick, homeless cats are a threat to the health of everyone's pet kitty that has access to outside. I personally keep mine inside 95% of the time but I know there is a risk that, even with me being in the yard supervising them, they could come in contact with a stray cat. Cat fights are not pretty.
We lose many songbirds to roaming cats but any cat let outside will hunt what it can, even if they're not hungry. Hopefully they stick to mice and lizards but not always...

Just to add.....there are many free spay/neuter programs...even some for feral barn cats.

For those of you who "set them free" to live like wild animals, look into this first.

Thanks Iowa and Catstar!

Quote:
This is scary not only for animals but for humans. People who are cruel to animals often start with animals. What you describe is not simply cruel but sick. I hope they catch the guilty person.

ArizonaNessa, That is scary! I can't imagine how a person would be able to sew 6 cats together though. For anyone that has wrestled with just one cat giving it medication or bathing it, they know they can be quite a handfull. Unless they were using something to knock the cats out first. And if they did sedate them then the sicko has access to some powerful drugs. VERY SCARY SITUATION! I hope they catch the person or persons soon.

Okay that is horrible about the six cats. WTH is wrong with this society???

My kitties are going to the vet tomorrow for their vaccinations and check-ups. Then I went to the animal thrift store and explained the situation to them and they are going to help me pay the costs to neuter them. I hated to ask for help but I didn't plan on this and isn't like I was budgetting for them. I will report tomorrow and let you know what the vet said.
smile.png

I know that when I was a kid at my grand parents farm people would drop off bags of cats and puppies right at their drive way or down the road, it seems people believe that farmers need cats, to eat mice in the barn and will find homes for the puppies,
somad.gif
now my grandparents animals had all their shots where spayed/neutered. and well taken care of, but the people who dumped their pets puppies and kittens just kept letting their pets breed that is laziness
smack.gif
and those people do not deserve to be pet owners. i have 6 dogs all abused and I rescued because I wanted to make sure they got the care they needed. I am taking the last 2 in to get neutered as soon as DH gets a new job (lost his job last month) and no there are no programs here right now the snap program ran out of money
th.gif
and I have not found another one it. so as soon as I can they go to the vet. I would never take and dump any kittens or puppies off in the middle of no where, there are to many shelters that would take them. I sometimes wonder what this world is coming to when there are so many people out there that would hurt animals and it has been proven that every serial killer started with animals scary. But you are a good person for taking in the cats, and you should not worry about asking for help with them you are actually taking on someone else responsibility sorry this post got so long guess I got on my soap box I am off now.
hide.gif

Back
Top Bottom