Some people are scum! An update, please give ideas...

Someone dropped a litter by my house the first of last month. I found three of them, the neighbor found another two; one of them was dead in her driveway. Out of the three I found only two made it, the smallest was too far gone.

These guys were around 4-5 weeks old and the people (and I use this term loosely) threw them out during a rain storm. When I went to get them out of the field next to my horses, one of them bit me and I ended up having to go get a tetnus shot, which is how I ended up getting swine flu.

I am keeping my two little rescue kitties. I have taken them to the vet at the tune of $200.00 and got them their first shots and tested for FLV and they were both negative. Now, I have to get them neutered, I was lucky and ended up with two boys, the neighbor got the girl.

Anyway, I agree some people are scum!

Quote:
th.gif

Okay, we have had these kitties a week now and in my opinion been doing everything we possibly can. We took them to the vet on Tuesday and they got vaccinated, worm and flea treated. We have been feeding them Purina dry kitty food mixed with wet cat food mixed with warm water. They have dry cat food available at all times. One of them had a reaction to the vaccine and was treated today with something to make his tummy feel better. Here is the problem - Cocoa, the white one with the vaccine allergy weighed 3.2 pounds at the vet on Tuesday and weighs 2.6 today. Makes sense because he wasn't been feeling good. Mittens, the striped one, weighed 4.6 pounds at the vet on Tuesday and today weighs 3.6. I don't understand?????? Same scale, same vet weighed them, he told me to watch them and could bring them back any time, free of charge to be weighed.

I was told they are between 4 and 5 months old, ears look great. Any ideas, I didn't ask for these kitties, the first vet visit killed my budget for the month, but I don't want to lose them now.
hit.gif

Just keep tempting them with good food. but dont switch their feed. becuase it could give them diarrah and make them loose even more weight. pick a brand of food and stick with it....
also..leave food out all the time for them...so they can eat if they are hungry any time of the day...

Last edited:
Get a really good food. One that is not grained based. Diamond makes one that is 18.00 for 18 lbs.
Were they wormed for tapeworms? General worming does not get rid of tapes.
Look at the labels on the cat/kitten food. Go for higher fat and high protein for these guys.

Some cooked egg yolk would not hurt.

Thanks for the replies, Redhen there is dry food available 24/7.

Farrier, I will look for that food. The vets wormed them with some yellow stuff that is suppose to kill all worms and them put Revolution on them that is also suppose to kill worms and the fleas.

momma's chickens :

Thanks for the replies, Redhen there is dry food available 24/7.

Farrier, I will look for that food. The vets wormed them with some yellow stuff that is suppose to kill all worms and them put Revolution on them that is also suppose to kill worms and the fleas.

There is only one wormer Praziquantel that will get tapes. Dogs, cats, horses, people, they all get the same wormer for tapes worms. It made a huge difference in all of our cats.​

What do their stools look like? Normal tootsie rolls, or no? Are they active? Worming/vaccinations/being dumped are trauma inducing, so it could be alot of things. Are they drinking water? Poos tell a person a lot. Take a look at those first.

Back
Top Bottom