Some Pics of my Flock (and TRIPOD) and an Orp Color Question... DUW

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by ChicknThief, Oct 9, 2008.

1. ChicknThief

ChicknThief Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2008
    Nor Cal
    Hey everyone! I haven't been on a whole lot lately, so I thought I would show you some of our feather babies.

First, for the color question... I hatched this little sweetie out of a BBS set, and she has come out almost self blue/lavender-esque. Is this even possible or is she just a really really poor quality blue? She is a purplish blue color and has NO lacing. Here are some pics...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here by demand is a pic of darling Tripod, the Three Legged Wonder...

[​IMG]

Her tail is a little skewed as you can see, but other than this she is perfectly healthy, and is laying eggs without problems.

Here are some pics of my blue rooster. He isn't extraordinarily handsome, but he has nice lacing. He is going to the feedstore this Teusday unfortunately, unless some wonderful BYCer who is close enough to pick him up or meet me somewhere would like him.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here are my splash roos, Valentine and Versace. (Valentine is the older one)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This is Peanut, whom some of you may remember. When he hatched, he only took up half of his shell-space, and didn't have his pecking instinct for three or four days. He was very very tiny for several weeks. But as you can see, he has more than made up for it in the last few weeks!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The rest are just pics of our general flock...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Well, thats about it! Thanks for looking!

2. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Pretty birds!

3. HuestisFarm

HuestisFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2008
    Fly Creek, NY
    Gorgeous flock! I'm in love with your little Polish - too cute!

4. ChicknThief

Jan 12, 2008
    Nor Cal
    Thought I would add some pics of a few of my other pets...

Posiedon the Chinchilla. I had originally named him Hermes, which suited him much better, but whenever I told anyone his name they always thought I had said a certain specific virus name, so I changed it. [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This is Tweety Bird, my evil cockatiel. He does the whole, c'mere and gimme a ki- I BITE YOU!!!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This is Luke, our wonderful little sheltie boy. We call him Loo Bagoo for short. [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And last, but not least, is Bear, my Springer Spaniel/Border Collie/Australian Shepherd mix. She is my favorite!
    [​IMG]

5. GopherBoyFarms

GopherBoyFarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2008
    Vancouver WA
    what beautiful pets you have...I remeber the pics of tripod just hatched...I am so glad to see her now...thats one great chicken!

6. HuestisFarm

HuestisFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2008
    Fly Creek, NY
    Oooh... I'm going to steal HerMes/Poseidon! *hahaha* He's too adorable... I just love Chinchillas -- always wanted one!

7. theOEGBman

theOEGBman Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    Central California
    Gorgeous birds, Jess! Its great to see Tripod too. Ahh, love your Chinchilla!

8. Acre of Blessings

Acre of Blessings Canning/Sewing Addict

Apr 3, 2008
    Axton, VA
    Quote:very pretty chickins is your dog''s name lacy

Last edited: Oct 10, 2008
  9. ChicknThief

Jan 12, 2008
    Nor Cal
    Debbiraymond: Thank you! We are as in love with them as ever.

Huestis Farms: The Polish has the funniest personality too! We named her Silly because of what a goofball she is.

GopherBoy: Yes, I am SO glad I didn't give up on her. She is doing great, and as I said, giving eggs regularly. I even think her funny tail is kinda cute! I wouldn't trade her for anything.

Huestis Farms: I have nicknamed him Posie, just because Posiedon didn't really suit his personality. He is the sweetest little fella, he even gives me kisses and barks when I am not in the room for too long a period, or when I have just fallen asleep, LOL.

Jordan: Now return the favor and post some more pics of Geico! [​IMG]

Acre of Blessings: Are you asking me or Debiraymond? If you are asking me, then the Sheltie's name is Luke, and the little girl in the last picture's name is Bear.

Thanks for the responses everyone! Does anyone have an idea about the coloring of the pullet in the first pic? She is very typie in every was except her color, and I would love to know if I have a Lavender strain, or if that is even possible! LOL

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by