Some pics of my mixed flock... and Coop Cam!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by LittlestSeal, May 17, 2017.

1. LittlestSeal

LittlestSeal Out Of The Brooder

Mar 13, 2017
    Indianapolis, IN
    I've become the crazy chicken lady around town, but I also converted my neighbors into getting chickens :) AND i turned my old baby cam into a coop cam, in the evenings it's in the coop and during the day it watches what small section of the run that it can see from where it's perched lol.

Actually helped me catch a falcon that tried to snatch one of my chicks, and get out in time before it make a second attempt! Netting is up over the run space now and no more dastardly bird of prey shenanigans.

Also, 4 more chickens tomorrow (English Buff Orpington Pullets) and 2 more next month (English Lavander Orpingtons!)

I'll have quite the mix for my not so little city flock.

18518887_1862817300637060_129512127_n.jpg
    18554564_1862817270637063_687243016_n.jpg

biophiliac likes this.
  2. biophiliac

biophiliac Chillin' with the Peeps Premium Member

Apr 22, 2016
    DeForest, WI
    Very impressive your flock and your outreach efforts with the neighbors!:highfive: I am jealous of your coop cam! :D

3. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    Coop Cam! What a great idea! Have fun with your flock!

4. sunflour

sunflour Flock Master Premium Member

Jan 10, 2013
    Macon,GA
    So sorry about the loss, but at least you knew what happened and can hope the netting works.

I also use coop /run cams - One is IP and I can monitor even away from home.

5. LittlestSeal

LittlestSeal Out Of The Brooder

Mar 13, 2017
    Indianapolis, IN

Oh, no no, didn't have a loss at all THANKS to the cam. The bird missed it's catch the first time which is what I saw on cam, and chased it off before losing anything. My cam also has a 2 way speaker to help shoo off critters.

This is an ip cam as well, my mom sometimes also Logs into it and watches my chickens lol. I like to keep the stream like because it's a cheap cam, having it record isn't working so streaming to YouTube gives me playback that I can check in case something happens I don't catch in time

sunflour and biophiliac like this.
  6. sunflour

sunflour Flock Master Premium Member

Jan 10, 2013
    Macon,GA
    I watch mine when I'm at work - DH is always home though. I have called him because they turned their water over or looked heat stressed a couple of times. But when I called to remind him it was time for some treats - he placed a cover over the camera :D - briefly as a joke.

biophiliac likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by