Some pics of our Polish hens

jessipanda

Chirping
Oct 14, 2015
Just thought I'd share some newer pics of our 2 mottled (laced) polish girls, Whoopie and Wanda. They're just over a year old and giving us over a dozen eggs a week :)

Last edited:
Just thought I'd share some newer pics of our 2 mottled (laced) polish girls, Whoopie and Wanda. They're just over a year old and giving us over a dozen eggs a week :)

WOW I am sO jealous.
Been wanting to try polish for 2years now,but never seems to work out.
Those are some fabulous birds!

WOW I am sO jealous.
Been wanting to try polish for 2years now,but never seems to work out.
Those are some fabulous birds!

Lol thanks! You should get some! They are so awesome. Really hard for us to get any decent pics of our girls though...they follow so close, just these couple decent pics took a photo shoot of at least 50 tries to get!

Last edited:
Lol thanks! You should get some! They are so awesome. Really hard for us to get any decent pics of our girls though...they follow so close, just these couple decent pics took a photo shoot of at least 50 tries to get!

I have seen a lot of chickens/birds they are in my top 3, just so enjoyable to watch!(for me)
About what size eggs do they lay?(compaired to say a production layer?)

I have seen a lot of chickens/birds they are in my top 3, just so enjoyable to watch!(for me)
About what size eggs do they lay?(compaired to say a production layer?)

I think it usually depends on the type of polish hens. Ours are probably considered bantam, as they're a bit on the smaller side...not too much though, so I may be wrong. They lay eggs that are almost as big as eggs labeled “large” in the store. Just a tad smaller. They wiggle a bit in the egg cartons. As far as cooking/baking, I've never noticed a difference when using the same number of eggs, other than a better, richer taste as expected. When I had other polish hens up in NC, some were bantam and laid pretty small eggs, and the others laid mixed sized eggs. I guess it could just depend on the hen. Lol I'm far from an expert though.

I think it usually depends on the type of polish hens. Ours are probably considered bantam, as they're a bit on the smaller side...not too much though, so I may be wrong. They lay eggs that are almost as big as eggs labeled “large” in the store. Just a tad smaller. They wiggle a bit in the egg cartons. As far as cooking/baking, I've never noticed a difference when using the same number of eggs, other than a better, richer taste as expected. When I had other polish hens up in NC, some were bantam and laid pretty small eggs, and the others laid mixed sized eggs. I guess it could just depend on the hen. Lol I'm far from an expert though.[/quote]
Very helpful info&making mental notes as of now! Love all your pics of them,google searched&had NO IDEA they could even come in so many varieties. Do they fair alright in the winter? VA winters are so random,12+inches OR just dustings,,,,makes me cautious about selections.

When I lived in NC, near the VA border, we had a large heated barn and built the coop in there. Ours did fine. Not sure how they'd do without the warm coop though.

When I lived in NC, near the VA border, we had a large heated barn and built the coop in there. Ours did fine. Not sure how they'd do without the warm coop though.

Ha,I can hear my poor hub now,"I already built you a dog building,and three chicken coops now you want ANOTHER building that's heated JUST for these polish you like?" .....me - "yes please cause they're SO PRETTY"
1f618.png
a gal can keep on wishing though!

Back
Top Bottom