Some questions before I can start to create an own Breeder - please help me!

GreetingsFromDE

Hatching
6 Years
Apr 30, 2013
Hey!

First: I'm sorry for my bad english, I learned just british english in scool, thats 10 years ago.
I try to give my best to write correct and try to understand you.
Please use simple words!

Okay, here my Questions:

1) What Light bulb I need and what does the Watt-number mean? (100W,150W)

2) How I find out, how many Watt do I need for my breeder?

3) How I control the temperature with the light? What's if it's to cold or to hot?

4) How I control the air humidity? How I know, how many water I have to put into the breeder?

First, thats all of my questions, I hope, you can help me!

welcome-byc.gif
When you say create a 'breeder', do you mean brooder? Wattage number on bulbs - higher the wattage the higher the energy/heat output. Raise the bulb if it is too hot - lower it if it is too cold - allow enough space for chicks to get out from under the heated area. Your fourth question makes me think that you may be talking about an incubator rather than a brooder?

Last edited:
Hey Canoe!

Thanks!

Does I understand that right - it's both the same, the first wihite thing has just a case around and the second one is naked?
Or do I need both of them?

Whats with a fan? And how I control the air humidity?

They both do the same thing. The second, naked one needs a very accurate thermometer to use with it so it can be set. wiring but basically the same thing. The first one is simple to operate and has a digital readout.
Either will work for controlling heat and both are very good.
Both are supposed to be outside the incubator and they have a probe that goes in with the eggs.

A fan moves the air around so all parts will be the same temperature. Without a fan there will be cool spots and hot spots causing some eggs not to hatch. Also the top of the egg will be hotter than the bottom of the egg.

The more surface area of water in the incubator the higher the humidity will be.

Last edited:
Okay, thanks.

Where I should place the fan? To the side, to the top or under the eggs?
On the Ground there will place the water. The light bulb is above, hanging on the top and shine down onto the eggs.
Should I place the fan down, near by the water or should I place it, to cooling the bulb?

How I find out, how many water I need, for the right air humidity?

EDIT:

Could you tell me, if that Fan is okay for an Incubator?
I've mande a video.

Last edited:
Could somebody tell me something about my incubator, which I create actually?
I've isolated that box with styrofoam now.

Please tell me, where is the best position for fan and bulb. So I can carry on my work.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom