Some questions

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Epointer, Apr 8, 2011.

1. Epointer

Epointer New Egg

Apr 8, 2011
    Hi everyone. I am new to hatching anything. I have been reading what ever I can find to learn more about it before I order my eggs. I purchased a used Sportsman 1202 incubator, and a 1200 hatcher. My questions are, do I need a wet bulb humidity thermometer, or can I use the other type? Do I need to candle all eggs, or can I put 350 eggs in, and just let it go? Some of the stuff I have read on here makes me think I need to candle, but that's a lot of eggs. I also plan on running over a thousand quail eggs at a time, and it would not be possible to candle that many eggs at a time.

2. Epointer

Epointer New Egg

Apr 8, 2011
    Anybody?

3. nurseshelly

nurseshelly Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2011
    Gilbert AZ
    Quote:I'm not sure about your bator question, since I use a little Hova Bator. With the eggs, if you number them on the air cell end, you could candle some here and there and mark them off of a list as you go. Then you might find bad eggs / quitters early before they smell and blow up.

4. smokeykk

smokeykk Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 15, 2011
    Pennsylvania
    Quote:U will eventually because they WILL blow up if they are bad in the bator for too long. AND 350 eggs [​IMG] ?????????????? AND 1000 eggs [​IMG] ?????????? U CRAZY???? ;D [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] but i do [​IMG] to you for doing that many [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] at once. Good Luck [​IMG] and congrats [​IMG] although as for your other question... [​IMG] [​IMG] I've never hatched before... [​IMG] I'm sure you'll have plenty of [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] You should post pics as they hatch [​IMG] I sure would be frustrated with all those eggs though [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Yes... must place emphasis one more time on checking for eggs that would blow up [​IMG] and [​IMG] on the amazing #'s I feel like im running on and on and on now [​IMG]

Sorry, I'm not an expert [​IMG] I'm not the coolest on the block [​IMG] and uh... come to think of it.. I don't even have my peeps yet... [​IMG] I'll be waiting for pics!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] I can't wait for my chicks!!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

I'm sure your chicks will be adorableee [​IMG] Feel free to [​IMG] me at any time for taking so long..... must say one more thing [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

And just so i have used every single moving icon... [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 8, 2011
  5. AJsCityChicks

AJsCityChicks Out Of The Brooder

Mar 6, 2011
    I'm sure you will do just fine [​IMG] I'm on my first hatch so I'm not sure but alot of folk on here hatch that many so surely someone can give you a method to the madness [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by