Some things I have learned since I started raising chickens...

WyoChickenMamma, I have to thank you for starting this topic! I have been amused all day and so have my "co-workers" one of them is my DH! I am GoldDogsMom but my friends call me The Chicken Lady!

Lovely thread! Most of those you posted apply to me, but I'm wondering: has none of you slept with a chicken in your bed yet? Or are you just not admitting it
hide.gif
I had 2 chicks who used to wake up in the middle of the night and the only way to get them settled was to tuck them under my night shirt and go back to bed with them. Wonderful way to wake up in the morning!
My mom came to visit the other day. We were sitting outside and within minutes she had 3 chickens on her lap/shoulders. One of them pooped on her nice new pants and I calmly told her to wait 'till it dried and scratch it off!
But seriously, when people you hardly know greet you and politely ask how your CHICKENS are doing? I don't get 'how are you"'s any more, I get "hello, how are your chickens?"
lol.png

very good post and so true.

I was nodding my head on nearly everything in the list and I just started six weeks ago.
smile.png

edited to add:

my first coop will NOT be big enough!

Last edited:
The most important thing I have learned (from BYCers) is I am not alone in my own little chicken world.
Heck I am alot more sane than I thought!(or my family thought anyway!LOL)

Quote:
I would quote everyone, but that would be tedious!
caf.gif

I am NOT crazy...I LOVE my chickens....not a bad Mantra!
thumbsup.gif

woot.gif

I've learned that I can obsess over chickens, like my DH can over computer stuff (he has 9). And drive him just as nuts talking about them, as he does talking to me about computers.

I've learned that I will read a chicken magazine from front to back and only thumb through other magazines.

I've learned that a chicken can out run a cheetah when treats are being offered.

I've learned what Chicken Math is!

Back
Top Bottom