Someone help please! [MEGA FOOT PROBLEMS]

I don't think that the comment you replied to mentioned culling? Sorry if I'm missing something here. I don't think culling will be necessary, don't worry! Her age is right around the time when she'll start laying, but if it's autumn where you live, she may wait until spring when days get longer, or lay if you begin to add light in the coop at night.

Weigh her to see how heavy she is now. Then weigh her at the end of the week to check if she's growing and gaining weight. Not to see if she's big enough to cook, just to make sure she's getting bigger not thinner, because if she's loosing weight you will want to test her for worms. If she had an impacted crop, it could have attributed to her loosing some weight, but she should steadily gain it back up.
if the others don't let her eat, that may be the issue. Observe them around the feeder.
The whole Culling situation was just a link added but it just disturbed me I just overreacted. I’m definitely going to be weighing her probably once a day she definitely gets enough to eat and is probably my biggest eater, I have noticed she is getting heavier but definitely noting down how much she weighs will be good, I was using pumpkin to just kind of prevent worms as it was that season and I expected them all to start laying in spring though she might have worms? I was planning to test the entire flock soon anyhow just routinely as you should

Have you felt the leg for injuries, swelling, etc? She may have injured it jumping down from a high spot or something similar. Her legs look normal to me.
I'm assuming you have checked the bottoms of her feet to ensure no issues are there to cause limping?
yeah definitely checked her feet no thorns and it’s definitely not BF I felt her entire leg even up beyond the feathers and her foot nothing seems broken but it does look like a little bit of swelling she probably fell off something or jumped off something too high, I tried to wrap it up like a little makeshift splint and pad on the bottom of her foot but she got rid of that right away, she can still walk fine just when she runs so I’m assuming it will go away soon if not, like 1-1 1/2 weeks then I’m gonna get her to the vet, thx for the advice!

yeah definitely checked her feet no thorns and it’s definitely not BF I felt her entire leg even up beyond the feathers and her foot nothing seems broken but it does look like a little bit of swelling she probably fell off something or jumped off something too high, I tried to wrap it up like a little makeshift splint and pad on the bottom of her foot but she got rid of that right away, she can still walk fine just when she runs so I’m assuming it will go away soon if not, like 1-1 1/2 weeks then I’m gonna get her to the vet, thx for the advice!
I also ordered a worm test for the whole flock, and might need to deworm them? I weighed her for the first time, coming in at…?

Had to check but she does not register on the scale so I’m gonna have to get a kitchen scale..

It sounds like a little sprain. Chickens can sprain their joints just like us, she will probably bounce back soon. She sounds like a tough little chicken 👍💪
Yeah it’s what I assumed I’m not too worried about it I was mostly worried about the look of her feet and how skinny she was, no I’m assuming it’s just her coloring..

Had to check but she does not register on the scale so I’m gonna have to get a kitchen scale..
I use a fish scale. It sounds awful, but I put my chickens in a cloth grocery bag and hang the bag from the scale. They don't seem to mind as long as I make it quick.

You *might* be able to weigh a crate or a pet carrier on your current scale. Then put her in it and note the difference.

Back
Top Bottom