Animal-lover339

Songster
5 Years
Oct 10, 2018
Puerto rico
Is this normal on a chicks foot!?!?!
IMAG0794.jpg
IMAG0795.jpg

The toes looks like it's been injured somehow.
The bottoms of the feet - where are you housing your chicks? Is there bedding wet?

I would give the feet a clean up, you can use warm soapy water or if you have some, a little betadine. The scab on top of the foot, put some triple antibiotic ointment on it.

Keep her on clean dry bedding. I would be hesitant at this point to wrap the feet, since they look like they need to dry out. I fear that wrapping them will just trap moisture.

The toes looks like it's been injured somehow.
The bottoms of the feet - where are you housing your chicks? Is there bedding wet?

I would give the feet a clean up, you can use warm soapy water or if you have some, a little betadine. The scab on top of the foot, put some triple antibiotic ointment on it.

Keep her on clean dry bedding. I would be hesitant at this point to wrap the feet, since they look like they need to dry out. I fear that wrapping them will just trap moisture.
I put some hay cuz its what I had and it's the only one with that it must've been when they were at the pet shop,I have them in a cage and I usually change the bedding almost every day

Alright I will do that

I put some hay cuz its what I had and it's the only one with that it must've been when they were at the pet shop,I have them in a cage and I usually change the bedding almost every day
Alright I will do that
Dry fresh hay daily will be good.

I forgot, but do you have chick starter to feed them? What do you feed? I know you got them from the pet store, look to see if they have any bird vitamins next time you are there. They may benefit from vitamins once a week until they are a little older.

Dry fresh hay daily will be good.

I forgot, but do you have chick starter to feed them? What do you feed? I know you got them from the pet store, look to see if they have any bird vitamins next time you are there. They may benefit from vitamins once a week until they are a little older.
Good to know I'm doing rright,I'm giving them chick food to grow and fatten I don't know if that is chick starter,alright I'm going to try and buy some more because my uncle told me they are three roos and I wanna buy tthree pullets

Back
Top Bottom