SOMEONE is killing my hens

Many of us butcher our own surplus birds, I highly doubt that anyone is going to get the vapors or pass out from the sight of a little blood. However by not posting you may condemn other of your birds to share the same fate.

Contrary to the fell good nature shows on TV, hawks are extremely poor executioners of chicken sized birds. Not intending to upset anyone but most chickens that are killed by hawks are eaten alive a little at a time. Gaia is a cruel and extremely bloody god never think otherwise.

Quote: Did the photos look like this? The raptor in this image is a falcon and falcons are unlikely chicken predators but they butcher their vittles similar to the way that all raptors butcher their meat.
I was finally able to watch the video after settling my children down. I didnt see the end result here, so I couldn't say. Unless that was the end result then my answer would be no. I literally mean that the neck bone and everything was completely removed. No tissues looked torn either. They looked sliced.

First, SO sorry for your losses! I sure hope a solution is fast found.

Just throwing this out there. Owls decapitate chickens and don't touch the rest of the bird.

You must call the police, as I certainly hope you did when fireworks were thrown at you by a known assailant!

Last edited:

Here is what the first hen looked like.
What is everyones opinion.

I think its the son. Some teenagers have anger issues and might have just wanted to hit or kill something, but those are the ones who need serious help. You should try to talk to him and see how he reacts but carry a small gun because he could try to attack you. What i just said would probably not be the best way to go because he might get even angrier and kill more of your chickens but that would give you a pretty clear idea of who it is. Has he done any thing else to you except the fireworks? I have dealt with people like this and they act the same way so i feel very scared for some reason for you. I'm probably going over board but if he is really upset and he is going to put all his anger on you it might not be just the chickens who are getting hurt and i worry for his grandma. Definitely not the hawk. Most of the feathers are still their. And if the same thing killed both chickens i don't know what king of animal would do both.

Last edited:
agree with bbqjoe Im not sure what state you reside in but there are two different kinds of gun self defense laws. 1 stand your ground, 2 castle doctrine there is a huge difference between what is ok on one and what is ok on the other. I would pick up a remote driveway sensor to alert you when someone goes near the coup, or you could pick up a trail cam. Everything you are saying sounds like a disturbed teen any cop worth his salt should see the same but you need to be careful don't go anywhere without your gun PERIOD.

Game trail cam can be hidden and set up to snap a picture every 30 seconds or less as motion is detected and gives clear pictures day or night...we got ours for only $60 and it takes awesome pics..wouldnt do without it

Animal kill. Feathers wetted as if by saliva.

She got wet in my sink, then i decided to take a picture. I would have expected to find blood or feathers or something if it were an animal. There weren't even any feathers anywhere. That's why I'm so conflicted.

Back
Top Bottom