Someone please help me find a normal chicken feed for my 6 month old chicken!!

JulieLe

In the Brooder
Sep 25, 2020
Lately my chicken has been seen under weight, it does not lay any eggs yet ;( I’m having a hard time finding chicken feed for non laying hens. Can someone help??
image.jpg
image.jpg

Lately my chicken has been seen under weight, it does not lay any eggs yet ;( I’m having a hard time finding chicken feed for non laying hens. Can someone help??
Why are you having hard time finding feed?
Where in this world are you located?
Climate, and time of year, is almost always a factor.
Please add your general geographical location to your profile.
It's easy to do, and then it's always there!
1609883112009.png

I’m having a hard time finding chicken feed for non laying hens. Can someone help??
Others made good suggestions. :thumbsup

If you are in the US offering ANY unmedicated "starter", "grower", "flock raiser", "all flock", "broiler", "meat bird".. formula with oyster shell on the side is a good choice. Does she have other flock mates? Are they laying?

As long as you offer the oyster shell or other calcium source free choice for active layers.. it is okay to feed the entire flock the same food.

I use Purina Flock Raiser with OS on the side since I often have broody's, molting hens, chicks, juveniles, and roosters. Perfection, it is not.. but it is acceptable.

Young ladies can be bony.. get a weight, monitor weekly, and see what's going on.

Now the solstice has passed days are getting longer.. she may be coming into lay before much longer age wise.. what I can see of her comb is still very pale.. but it may be just the photo.

Good job looking out for her! Hope you're enjoying BYC! :frow

Back
Top Bottom