Someone please HELP!!!!!!!

Well not so good news. We woke up today and she was ruffled/droopy and closing her eyes. Back to the initial symptoms, but this time her crop is still working. This leads me to believe its Merecks disease. Last night her poop looked as normal as ever. The vet said if it is Merecks disease, then some birds improve for maybe a month then it comes back. Her timing is perfect, she improved for 3 weeks, now back to the onset symptoms. But at least she had a hood 3 weeks.

Refresh my memory, what did you worm her with and what antibiotics did you try?

-Kathy

She was wormed with rooster booster about 4 months ago. She I'd due for a round of Valbazen, but if was waiting for her health to improve. The vet gave me TMS. 1/4 pill every 12 hours. I have never heard of TMS before.

I think TMS is also called SMZ/TMP and is used quite often in horses. It's up to you, but if she were mine I'd deworm her with Safeguard or Valbazen. The most effective Valbazen dose is 20mg/kg (0.8ml per pound) by mouth and repeat in tn days. I'd also call my vet and talk about trying a short course of Baytril.

-Kathy

I think TMS is also called SMZ/TMP and is used quite often in horses. It's up to you, but if she were mine I'd deworm her with Safeguard or Valbazen. The most effective Valbazen dose is 20mg/kg (0.8ml per pound) by mouth and repeat in tn days. I'd also call my vet and talk about trying a short course of Baytril.

-Kathy

Baytril is some good stuff. I will de worm her....why not. Nothing else to loose at this point. Will the wormer be ok to use with TMS? Any contraindications?

Trimethylprim Sulfa is what TMS is. I can't think of any reason not to worm her as well but I definitely defer to casportpony and Seminolewind as they both have much more experience and knowledge than I do. Best of luck with your girl.

Back
Top Bottom