Someone please stop my husband! Also, tree care?

I've seen people pound t-posts and put up fencing to protect their new trees, from free range cattle as well as deer. Deer can leap and reach pretty high.

As for rocky soil, I'm more familiar with that. I use a vitamin B-1 solution from the nursery to help the roots. And, over watering can be an issue as the water could suffocate the roots by keeping air away from them, but I don't readily know how to detect that.

And, over watering can be an issue as the water could suffocate the roots by keeping air away from them, but I don't readily know how to detect that.
Maybe dig a hole, a little further out than where the tree roots should be, and check whether the dirt is wet or dry down there. If it's dry, they need more water. If it's still wet, they do not need more.

Of course, after a bit you will get a sense of how much water they need, but that's one way to check while you are learning it.

I love my husband to pieces, but he's intent on turning this place into a farm whether I'm ready for it or not 😅😅

He purchased 5 cherry trees and 5 apple trees. They have all been planted as directed by the nursery, but I'm curious about tree care.

How much/often to water them? Any special considerations I should be aware of? There are several different breeds of tree to allow for pollination, so no worries there.

I feel like I was finally getting the hang of the chicken thing, and now he's starting an orchard! 🤣🤣
Your husband cares about you and your prodigy.. Likely his Mother In Law even.. His neighbor too stranger.. Tomorrow is not today, as tomorrow never comes. Yesterday is past.. Things are about to get tough beyond comprehension.. anybody's comprehension. Get onboard, just make sure the boat has not been Christened the Titanic..

Back
Top Bottom