someone please tell me what to buy

i plugged it in and....
it doesnt work. yes. I touched it. multiple times. with shoes and without. I feel like I just sent my chickens to their death by locking them up.

i feel defeated.
ETA- ok, I had my tantrum. Then I researched then I reread everything here again...then I reached far back in to my brain to find old school lessons on making a circuit. And I fixed my ground...and it works!!!

thank you everyone.

Last edited:
Ok this is hard!!!!! But I’m doing it! I have two strands around the coop and I’m running out of daylight. I want to put a strand around the top of my chicken wire fence and I bought self-starting insulators for wood. LIES! I cannot screw them in. I can’t find a working weedwacker so grass isn’t touching my bottom wire and I’ve been ripping out weeds. I’m soaked with sweat.
thank you for the pictures I’ll get to that part soon enough. Then I’ll examine them closer.
I feel your pain....Can you put the chickens somewhere safe, like in a garage overnight until you have time to work on the electric wire without hurrying?

i plugged it in and....
it doesnt work. yes. I touched it. multiple times. with shoes and without. I feel like I just sent my chickens to their death by locking them up.

i feel defeated.
You have two places for a lead on the charger. attach a lead to the red side on the charger and the other end should clamp onto your poly rope/wire. Attach a wire to the green side of the charger and the other end to your ground rod. Nothing should be touching the poly rope/wire. The red lead wire cannot be touching anything either but it's okay if the black wire is. The insulators are to keep the poly rope/wire or whatever you are using from being touched by anything.

Attachments

• Electric fence charger ports.jpg
    Electric fence charger ports.jpg
    458.2 KB · Views: 6
  • Electric fence red clamp on fence.jpg
    Electric fence red clamp on fence.jpg
    894.6 KB · Views: 5
  • Electric fence ground rod.jpg
    Electric fence ground rod.jpg
    540.9 KB · Views: 5
i plugged it in and....

i feel defeated.
ETA- ok, I had my tantrum. Then I researched then I reread everything here again...then I reached far back in to my brain to find old school lessons on making a circuit. And I fixed my ground...and it works!!!

thank you everyone.
:wee
You did better than me...it took me two weeks to figure it out...lol

I LOVE my Premier 1 fence. I got the PoultryNet Plus kit (came with everything but the gate) and havent had a problem since. Im not the best at keeping the grass short either but the fence still does its job. The shock isnt too bad for humans. More like a strong static shock but its enough teach predators and the birds a lesson. The kit comes with 100ft of fencing. Im 5'1 with Trump hands so its a slight pain in the butt to move when mowing/rotating grass but its a small price to pay vs feeding foxes.
What are "trump hands"?

It’s 3 am, I just came in from checking on them. Something woke me up- could have been the baby monitor from the coop, could have been my bladder. Everything looks quiet out there - but then again it did yesterday morning too. I’ll find out at sunrise.

No losses overnight. Ill relax after a week goes by.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom