Someone posted about this stuff...

Frozen Feathers

Songster
12 Years
May 4, 2007
Maine
Was it Bug fest, or Bug feast... something like that had dried meal worms in it...does anyone remember? Trying to find some and it would help if I knew what it was called.
smile.png

I don't know what the name was, but my DH was looking at a couple of kinds of dried bugs in the reptile supplies isle at a store.

Edited to add that pet stores usually have live food, also, if you're interested.

Last edited:
that would have been me (or probably originated with me)...it is Universal softbill food ... one brand is CeDe ... another brand is similar to what you are saying...I will try to find the link... it is insect based food for softbill non-seed eating birds... I use it for my litttle wild rescues as well as regularly in my feed ... when a bird is ill it is quite useful when they refuse to eat...
http://www.jedds.com/ProductDetail.asp?MainCategoryID=92&SubCategoryID=1139&ProductID=4090
(that link to should take you to the specific product...JEDDS Pigeon and bird supply carry the complete CeDe range ... this is what I use.)

Last edited:
It was BugFest from Lowes, but I didn't post about it. The person was feeding it to their chicks as a treat.

I bought some to mix with my homemade scratch, but was very disappointed. It is mostly small millet and only has a few dried meal worms in it. It was in a small bag and cost as much as a 50# bag of feed.

As a chick treat, it would be OK, but not as a supplement.

...wel...I will not recommend that brand again!!! The CeDe I am sure you would nto be dissappointed in (though you really cant se very many "whole"bugs as they are kind of ground up... whenever my birds see that silver package they all come running! I mix their first feed half/half with it as it really gets the chicks eating early (the latest reports coming from the industry are all saying how very important it is to longterm immune status to get your chicks eating as soon as possible)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom