Someone shot my dog!!!!

Scout's Birds

Hatching
10 Years
Jun 20, 2009
Oregon Coast
I came home from my son's football game this afternoon to my dog sitting on the front porch. My stepdaughter was home so I just figured that she had let him out for a while. We all noticed he was limping and whining so I started checking him over and came up with blood on my hand. I called the local vet and got the answering service - of course the office is closed and now it's an emergency call. Scout and I load up in he truck and meet the Doc at the office. She checked him over and took X-rays - sure enough, there's a pellet just plain as day. It went in the front of his right shoulder and is lodged next to a rib just behind the shoulder. The vet was absolutely wonderful with Scout, and only charged me $245.

The money doesn't really bother me - yeah, my hunting season is now not going to happen, and I may have to juggle bills until the middle of the month, but at least I know my dog is OK. What really bothers me is the simple fact that some dirty rotten (explative) (foul word) (censored) (naughty) (could get banned for saying this) person SHOT MY DOG! I think I know who it is, but I can't prove it.

I am going to call my State Trooper buddy and have him knock on some doors, but I kind-of hope he does'nt tell me who it was if he finds out. Like I said, it's not about the money. But you can be sure that if I find out who pulled the trigger, I am going to take it out of thier backside.

Sorry for the long winded post, but I just had to get it out. He is on 3 different meds, and I have been almost obsessing over him since we got home. Lots of lovin, and some good treats for him tonight.
wink.png

Oh my goodness! I am so sorry!! If my dogs were hurt by anyone they would have to go into witness protection progarm!!
somad.gif

Does your dog stay on your property? Is it possible that he went on someone else's property and that was why he got shot? Or is it just a pure evil person who hurt your dog while he was minding his own business?? Grrrrrr I cannot believe how cruel people can be!

I hope your dog does well and you find out what happened.

I'm so sorry to hear this, but I am glad Scout is doing okay now. Some people have no respect living beings. I would take it out of their back side too.........

Was he fenced? Where you live, do people let dogs run loose or confine them? Makes all the difference.... Around here, no one fences dogs, and mine do not leave my property. But if one did, and chased the cows behind us, or the horse up the street, I could only hope their livestock was not harmed; I could not blame them for protecting their property.

I am sorry your dog was shot, better from a BB or pellet than a more heavy load.
If you dont contain your dog its your responsibilty that matters were taken into someone elses hands.

somad.gif
Someone did a hit and run on my Boxer years back, he died the next day. I put an ad in the local paper for a $1000.00 reward as to who did it, no questions asked. I never got a response, and it's probably a good thing. I would have knocked on something, and it would'nt have been his door.

Quote:
Wow, I had the same thing happen several years ago, but I didn't feel that way at all. I knew it was my fault, and felt terrible that someone had to go through the day knowing they had killed a dog.

I really don't blame someone for not stopping. Some people can be kind of scary over their pets. Now days, people get shot for less than that.

To the op, sorry. That sucks. Shooting a dog with a pellet gun is just cruel.

Quote:
I had a dog get hit by a car. It annoyed me that the truck didn't even pull over to see if my dog was okay. In the end, I can only blame myself. My dog was an escape artist but I was the owner. It was my job to keep her away from the road. So, I am angrier at myself then the driver.

To the OP, was the dog running loose or was he on your own property?

Last edited:
Someone shot my dog once. We had some people over and someone let her out. We were back there calling for her. She was about 30ft from us on the other side of the trees (the trees seperating the houses) then we here this *PFFT* and her ARR ARR ARR.
She darts out of the woods and into my arms. I see blood on my hands and I said (rather loudly) 'THEY SHOT HER IM CALLING THE POLICE!' We had seen the guys sitting on their back porch and heard them laughing only 2 seconds before this happend so we knew who it was..

Sure enough I called the police and he went over there but some old man answered the door saying there was no bald guy there and no pellet guns around he knew of...
SUUREE
somad.gif

We took Mary to get x-rays and it had just glazed her lung. We were lucky.

Glad your dog is ok. People are so cruel sometimes..

Back
Top Bottom