Someone STOLE my ducklings!!

i’d call him back saying you’re just being a friendly neighbor whose wondering if he got his ducklings that he wanted yet. then if he says yes ask if you can see them because you just love ducklings that much. if they’re yours then confront him.

obviously this plan has some flaws such as he might lie or say you can’t see them but it might work

I am sorry you lost your ducklings. Poor wee mites.

1. That dog crate is not predator proof. please don't leave ducks out in a dog crate in future. I use dogcrates inside my coop for me pekins to sleep in away from my muscovies. The coop is predator proof, the dog crate is duck proof.

2. I think that if you talk to the new neighbor, you might ask him if he has got his new ducklings yet, but then warn him that he must take good care of his as three of yours have disappeared. you might watch his reaction to this but I woudl not accuse him. Just listen if he has anything to say. It is too easy to be wrong when making accusations.

I do hope you get your ducklings back.

I think that if you talk to the new neighbor, you might ask him if he has got his new ducklings yet, but then warn him that he must take good care of his as three of yours have disappeared. you might watch his reaction to this but I woudl not accuse him. Just listen if he has anything to say. It is too easy to be wrong when making accusations.
oh yeah! that’s better than my idea. get him to talk about for a bit. like talk about how your sad and just see his reaction. whether he seems guilty or like he’s hiding anything.

I feel anytime that our ducks are out of our sight and left alone they are at risk of being taken by either 4 legged predators or 2 legged ones. I hope that you are able to get yours back. I have had people tell me where there are ducks walking along the side of the road that they want me to go get because they might get hit and they know I have ducks. I tell them they have to belong to someone being domesticated and that I don't have the right to go pick up someone else's ducks no matter where they are. Ducks have no sense of danger and will wander. I feel for your loss. Mine are kept in a large enclosed pen attached to my house so that they are always in my sight. Good luck getting yours back.

Back
Top Bottom