Someone stop the madness!!

australorpchick

Songster
10 Years
Feb 18, 2009
Canyon Lake, TX
The broody madness! This is just getting ridiculous. All of my laying-age silkies/silkie-x hens are either on eggs, with chicks, just finished with their chicks or recently broken of their broodiness. We're talking 13 hens people! Now the non-silkies are getting involved. The BCM started last week. Now I find for the second morning in a row that my head hen BA is in the nest box with the other broodies, with a naked chest, doing that maternal buk-buk thing. I've had this hen for 4 years now, she was already laying-age when I got her. She has never shown any interest in chicks. Enough is enough. Whomever is sending the broody vibes my direction, please stop!
barnie.gif

Hmmm.... are you familiar with the BYCer "sourland"? He can make a rock go broody!
lol.png

He swears it isn't so, but just last week he made 2 of my ducks go broody. I don't have a male duck!

Ranchie I disagree, I blame it on Em. Those eels of hers scared my neighbors hens' to go back into their nests, thus equaling broodie deluxe!

Am I the only person at BYC that can't get a chicken to go broody? I have to hire outside sources to get a broody to hatch eggs for me
hmm.png
Y'all are so lucky

Quote:
We should try get sourland here, could possibly assist you with your situation....though be careful effects can last a long time!

Quote:
We should try get sourland here, could possibly assist you with your situation....though be careful effects can last a long time!

That's ok too! Then I can stop overloading all of my friends and family with eggs. They have all asked that I stop for a while
hu.gif
But I guess with 12 regular size layers and 4 bantam layers it does translate to a lot of eggs... Oh and 3 of my female ducks are going to start laying in the next month!!

*claps* Excellent situation for chicken math class...
lol.png

I'd be happy to send you some of the hens I'm currently looking after. Always pecking and going for me poor fingers!
th.gif

Quote:
Nope!

We thought maybe just maybe we might have a first broody hen in 4 or 5 years, but no. We have a broody coop ready and waiting.

Back
Top Bottom