Someones killing chicks

chickenlady08 - I've lost count
hide.gif
but, I think around 5 weeks old? 6 at the most. And about the roosters... here I can't have any. So I am praying that I have two little black hens bc I would hate to seperate the siblings.

stuckinthecity- My 2 babies are 6 weeks as well. they are looking to be girls. Someone had a thread on how to identify a roo from a hen and they said to look at their feathers, not just the legs (size) and combs. In a hen they said they are rounded and the Roo is more pointy. Well if this is accurate I have girls. Yeah!! and their combs are not even raised yet. and the one girls legs are big but her Daddy is a Delaware and his legs are quite large. I sure hope yours are girls. My 1st hatch last August were all 3 boys. Looks like these are girls for me. Now I have another broody hen now. But she has one egg that should hatch out this week and I am going to trick her and stick 6 Buff Orpingtons under her as well. this is going to put my count at way past 40. OMgosh. Hubby is gonna flip (but then he doesn't do the chores and they are my hobby)

Good Luck and
fl.gif
and hope they are all girls.

Can you post pictures of their combs, and feathers? That may help to see what they are.

Back
Top Bottom