Someone's threatning to kill my chickens!

Quote:
Well, if THEY know who it is, then just make sure that you have some sort of documentation of the report, and make sure they know that if anything happens, you will NOT be letting it slide. You're right, it sounds fishy.

Mabye I can find a young cop and flirt my way into getting a name
big_smile.png

How about a little constructive PR?
Write a letter to the anonymous complainer and state how very sorry you are about any noise from the rooster and that you had assumed the noise level would have been sufficiently contained within the bathroom during the early morning hours. Explain that these birdies (be sure to call them
birdies > he he he) are your pets and how difficult it is to sex them and that it took you longer than expected to rehome the unexpected rooster. Then say how you tried to get their name from the authorities so you could make the apology in person but this was not allowed and thus the apology in the letter. (Let the police read the letter).
This will put things on a more personal level (which often is enuf to keep any future silly complaints to a minimum) and shows the police how nice you are.

That's a good idea. I am very emotional though, when someone threatens me, my adrenaline starts rushing and it's hard for me to be civil. I wish I had a nice big farm away from these cranky people. There must be 15 noises at 10 in the morning that are much more spinetingling than a rooster. The school bell on the corner, lawnmowers, weedwakers, motorcycles, buses, kids screaming, airplanes overhead every hour (we live in Alameda, not far from the Oakland airport) I don't know, I guess people that want to live in populated towns don't mind those things. They have always drove me up the wall. I have always been a country girl at heart.

A simple apology can work wonders at shutting those complainers up (it is very difficult to stay mad and complain after someone has told you how sorry they are and even corrected the original problem AND offered up an apology afterwards! he he he) ... kill em with kindness and good manners I say!
ETA: When that doesn't work go have a pow wow with LCRT

Last edited:
I am to proud
lol.png
I'll have to send my parents to do it
big_smile.png

That's mean, I know. My dad is very civil though, even if someones screaming at him, he doesn't lose his cool. He is the opposite of me, he doesn't let his emotions get to him. So, I should send him.

I had the joy of this...
The neighbour whom hated my chickens kid threatened to bash Slifer, my crowing hen's head in with a stick...I called the cops and had them take a report. They went over to their house and had a little chat...

It was a threat of animal cruelty and they took it very seriously...

There will be a report on record of this...and get it from the cops...
I can't believe the ijit actually phoned in a threat...oh boy...

Back
Top Bottom