someother chickies eggs

tinaschiks

In the Brooder
7 Years
Mar 16, 2012
baycity,MI.
ok i am new at this and i bought 12 fertile eggs from local buisness. i was told to put the eggs in the nest and i marked each one so i would know what was what i have llost 2 of the fertile eggs to smashing and my girls are still laying but not staying on the eggs during the day my one hen has put more time in today but i dont know what to do about the selection process they are doing it seems like they are slowly getting rid of the eggs i put in there so the ones they lay have room should i get another nesting box or hatch babies another wayi only have 6 girls and i cant have a rooster where i live which stinks but those are the rules. what shoul i do?

If none of your hens are broody they won't hatch them. If you still want to hatch eggs you can get an incubator.

i have one who is sitting on them most of the time but not during the day i am thinking i should probably get an incubator its just that i dont plan to make a habit out of hatching this was a one time deal cause a freind of mine wanted more hens and my kids wanted to get to see the start process of the birds

Back
Top Bottom