someother chickies eggs

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by tinaschiks, Mar 16, 2012.

1. tinaschiks

tinaschiks Out Of The Brooder

Mar 16, 2012
    baycity,MI.
    ok i am new at this and i bought 12 fertile eggs from local buisness. i was told to put the eggs in the nest and i marked each one so i would know what was what i have llost 2 of the fertile eggs to smashing and my girls are still laying but not staying on the eggs during the day my one hen has put more time in today but i dont know what to do about the selection process they are doing it seems like they are slowly getting rid of the eggs i put in there so the ones they lay have room should i get another nesting box or hatch babies another wayi only have 6 girls and i cant have a rooster where i live which stinks but those are the rules. what shoul i do?

2. BrownSheep

BrownSheep Chillin' With My Peeps

May 27, 2011
    If none of your hens are broody they won't hatch them. If you still want to hatch eggs you can get an incubator.

3. tinaschiks

tinaschiks Out Of The Brooder

Mar 16, 2012
    baycity,MI.
    i have one who is sitting on them most of the time but not during the day i am thinking i should probably get an incubator its just that i dont plan to make a habit out of hatching this was a one time deal cause a freind of mine wanted more hens and my kids wanted to get to see the start process of the birds

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by