something an older person says about chickens

There's been far too much talk about old people around here for my taste!
old.gif

I am blessed
roll.png
that my SO grew up around chickens and again blessed
roll.png
that he is soooo generous in giving me advice about raising them, but....

he only knows the commercial chicken houses and what little he learned about the few contraband chickens his mom kept in the yard, so I let what he says go in one ear and out the other!
wee.gif

My Dad was over today. We were out with the chickens and he was remembering
how his grandad had chickens and some of the details. I told him how much I wished
I knew a few of those old timers to learn chicken stuff from. Thank God for everyone
here at BYC or I would still be wondering why my roosters aren't laying yet.
tongue.png

It can go both ways.

Old people jokes are still funny though, especially when an old person tells them.
Ya all should meet my 87 year old Grandad. He's sharper than I am.

hugs.gif
How cool for you..........to have your daddy around Purple ! I would rather be with "old" folk.............those older than I.......... they are SO much wiser and usually funnier...with the exception of YOU.........
wink.png

My grandma always had chickens and I remember her always saying "these folks think they are so smart collesteral in eggs arnt gonna kill ya, I have had two eggs everyday of my life"

Well I guess the smart folks were right, she died at 96 so I guess the collesteral finally caught up with her.

Quote:
gig.gif
my daddy drove one week before he passed......he was so slouched over in pain........but well........his nickname was AUTOMAN..........he was a bad excellent driver even when young........... mom used to ride with her head in her hands.....never lookin up..........and I thought she just had a headache her whole life......until I drove with him cross state.......
gig.gif

Back
Top Bottom