Something entered my coop last night!!!

Finally, my trap caught a possum. Do you think a possum would have killed 7 young (8 week old) chickens in one night? I'm not sure if this is the culprit or not. I was thinking it was going to be a racoon or weasel. Now, WHAT DO I DO WITH IT???

Quote:
Use a shovel to dispatch it and bury it. Then reset the trap in case you have another pest.

And someone mentioned it, but in case you missed it, a raccoon can fit through any hole it can get its head through. That means that a rather large coon can get through a small hole, like the holes in a chain link fence.

A friend told me to take it at least 7 miles away and let it go. Would this be wise? Or should I kill it? Never trapped anything before. I do want to reset the trap.

Try not to use perxide (i stink at spelling) too much because it kills live tissue. Try red cote, its like blu cote but its more of a healing spray unlike blu cote which is like a spray on bandage.

Quote:
You do what you like, but if i lived near that spot 7 miles away, i would not be very happy with you. Do be careful; they have many sharp teeth and a nasty disposition.

Kill it and make its feet into earrings,then stew it up.

Euell Gibbons says that all mammals are edible. When it comes to opposums, i'm willing to trust him rather than test it myself.​

A couple of days ago my dad brough home a LORETTA LYNN cook book it has a recipie for fryed possom.
hu.gif

Back
Top Bottom