Something funny betweens the roos "toes". ***pics***

I'm not sure what it is, but you still need to keep him separated for 30 days, to make sure he doesn't give anything to your other flock.

You might try soaking his feet.

Last edited by a moderator:
If there is nothing on the pads of his feet, I would say this is just normal coloring.. I have two production red roos.. One is 6 months old and has had this red coloring for some time now.. The other is 17 weeks and the redness is starting on his feet and legs now also... I think in some roos, it happens as they come of age... Unfortunately, i don't have any pics at the moment and it's dark outside but if you want me to show you pics of mine, I will be happy to take some tomorrow morning for you...

Goddess
jumpy.gif

I would try taking something called "wound dust" powder (farnam) and mixing it 50:50 with something called "SWAT" a little blue and white tub that is vaseline based and keeps flys off of horses. Rub this on the red areas and up the legs. I use this mix on my horses, dogs, and chickens for most anything you can think of. If it is mites that are causing this it will definitely smother and kill them. If it is from over enthusiastic scratching it will help it heal. Same thing for an insect bite, or plant irritation of some sort.

Wow,I was wondering what the red marks between the toes of our RIR roo could be also! First I thought he stepped in ants but none of the hens have anything like it and he is perfectly healthy and happy in every way. The coming into maturity sounds correct. Lately the marks are a bit lighter. Interesting.

Back
Top Bottom