Something go my poor silkies

Quote:
lau.gif
I looooove that idea!! I have the perfect stuffy for it too. It smells like baby chicks already. It's inside with the new hatches but it might become bait
gig.gif

So sorry to hear that. I used to not have a door and would use a baby gate, wasn't until I secured my coop that something started breaking in and killing my birds.

Quote:
Oh that's awful! I'm so sorry to hear that. It's tough when we have to learn a lesson the hard way. I have a bunch of new plans to prevent another attack so keep your fingers crossed for me and I'll keep mine crossed for you, too
fl.gif

hugs.gif
Oh no! So very sorry! It may not be pretty, but we kept losing chickens till we put tin on the outside perimeter of the coop.
Again, I'm so sorry.

Parson's Wife :

hugs.gif
Oh no! So very sorry! It may not be pretty, but we kept losing chickens till we put tin on the outside perimeter of the coop.
Again, I'm so sorry.

That's what I'm afraid of. We have tin around 3/4 of the coop and will now be putting wood around the rest of it. Hopefully that will work.​

I'm so sorry for you
hugs.gif
. I lost 3 silkies to the neighbors cat. The cat is no longer around
idunno.gif
. I know it was the cat because we saw it over here one day after the silkies and DH made it leave. It's a good thing we have corn fields around us, you can hide things in them for a long time and then they just get cut up.
lau.gif

I like all of Anarchy82 idea's.

Quote:
Haha I like them too. I might have to move him up here to help me out a bit.
I'm so sorry you lost your silkies. They are such sweet little things. It makes it so hard when you get up and find some just disappeared
sad.png

I would be devastated to lose some of my babies. My Silkies seem to be the helpless innocents around here. What I'm going to do after the pens in the back are done is run 3 strands of hot wire all around the pens about 10' away from them. We've also got a perimeter fence but I don't trust it anymore to keep the neighbor dogs out. We're out in the country and people think that means they don't have to fence their dogs
hmm.png
A solid perimeter of hot wire around the pens is easy, cheap and effective for predators the size of mink to coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom