Something got into quail pen last night...

jerseygirl1

Crowing
13 Years
14 Years
Jun 20, 2009
Orange County, NY
Well, I only had two in there and whatever it was, I am thinking cat - left one without feet and one missing a foot
I know, I have to cull, but I had to share because I feel horrible.......................

hit.gif
I am so sorry.
hugs.gif

MISSING FEET AND LEGS IS CLASSIC RACCOON TACTIC. NO MATTER THE PREDATOR NOW THAT IT HAS FOUND THAT MIDNIGHT SNACK... IT'LL BE BACK.

SORRY FOR YOUR LOSS. NO MATTER HOW INSIGNIFICANT IT MAY BE THESE TYPE OF LOSSES IN MY FLOCK HAVE ALWAYS FIRED ME UP, SO IF YOU FEEL SIMILAR I CAN SYMPATHIZE
somad.gif

IT WOULD BE VERY PRUDENT TO START PREDATOR PROOFING ANY AND ALL PENS NOW NO MATTER THE SPECES IT CONTAINS, AS STATED IT'LL BE BACK NOW THAT IT KNOWS WHERE THE BUFFET IS.

A box trap will help you here. SSS policy, if your location permits, always makes me feel better too. Hope its your last loss. Bill

Quote:
+1... I had a bird loose a toe night before last, in a industrial basement so it had to be a rat.....the fix is in place thou.... Bill

i'm thinking definitely not cat, there would be nothing left, and am leaning to rats rat too. Sorry to hear though.
Sib

Well, the cage is off the ground, and there is a wire floor, so whatever it was, grabbed thru the floor and took the feet only - could be a raccoon, my DH got one last week that was rabid
Great

Back
Top Bottom