pics of the poops
sometimes like this
sometimes very small and bright green
View attachment 1172735
View attachment 1172736

I'm not a vet, but would have to say that your hen has Salpingitis (see the links and information in my previous post).

Unfortunately, there is not any real treatment for this. Sometimes antibiotics can help with infection, but usually when you start to see symptoms and poop like that the infection has taken over. You can ask your vet if they would recommend any medication that may help her. Supportive care would be to see that she is drinking well and eating. Add poultry vitamins to her water for a boost. If she stops eating/drinking or becomes lethargy and won't walk/move, then it's kinder to put her out of her misery.

I have something similar with one of my hens towards the beginning of the summer. Very hard abdomen so much so that she could not even lay on her side when out in the sun. She reached the point of being on death's doorstep at one point and somehow recovered with antibiotics. Unfortunately she was fine for only about another month and relapsed. Her poop also turned green so something internal seemed to be going on and I couldn't help her at that point.
100_4748.JPG

she has this problem for one month ,she's better for one week now.her abdomen is softer.but something I forget to say, that her poops have hard egg yolk,it's possible that hard thing in her abdomen cause this?any one saw something like this?

I have had some similar symptoms in two of my hens.

I gave them herbal treatments. I have found that if you administer some Goldenseal and Echinacea orally, they can recover.

Goldenseal is a natural antibiotic, antifungal and is anti-inflammatory, it will also stimulate appetite. It is such a good herb to have for people and animals, due to it's many benefits.
Echinacea is an immune system booster, and will give the hen the strength she needs to heal.

I don't wait till my hens are critically ill, I put them in a hospital cage, where I can monitor their progress. And it's easier to administer the herbal treatment.

I just healed two hens within the last two weeks, that were not feeling well, small poops, no appetite, one was limping. Now they are walking with tails up and chest out, happily eating!

If you would like my herbal recipe, I will post it for you.

God Bless and best wishes for your hen!

I have had some similar symptoms in two of my hens.

I gave them herbal treatments. I have found that if you administer some Goldenseal and Echinacea orally, they can recover.

Goldenseal is a natural antibiotic, antifungal and is anti-inflammatory, it will also stimulate appetite. It is such a good herb to have for people and animals, due to it's many benefits.
Echinacea is an immune system booster, and will give the hen the strength she needs to heal.

I don't wait till my hens are critically ill, I put them in a hospital cage, where I can monitor their progress. And it's easier to administer the herbal treatment.

I just healed two hens within the last two weeks, that were not feeling well, small poops, no appetite, one was limping. Now they are walking with tails up and chest out, happily eating!

If you would like my herbal recipe, I will post it for you.

God Bless and best wishes for your hen!
Thanks for your help and hope.I do everything for help her .post your herbal recipe, please.

Thanks for your help and hope.I do everything for help her .post your herbal recipe, please.

I try to use herbal medicine when ever possible. Here is my recipe for Herbal Antibiotic and Immune System Support.

1 (760 mg) Capsule, Echinacea
1 (400 mg) Capsule, Golden Seal
1 teaspoon Hempseed Protein Powder (or other protein powder)
2 teaspoons warm water
1 teaspoon Agave Nectar, * optional or other sugar

Dosage for chicken:
weight 5 lbs. = 1.25 mL, twice daily

May be given three times daily with an oral syringe, open the beak and put on tongue. The chicken will swallow it.

Give for 7 days, for severe symptoms: lack of appetite, diarrhea & lethargy.
Use for no more than 10 days.

You shouldn't need it for more than 10 days, but if you do. Just stop for 3 days, then repeat.

You should see some improvement in 12-24 hrs. Poops should start to look better. Provide chicken feed, chopped fruits, greens and cooked grains: brown rice, wheat, oats and barley are good.

I hope this helps.
God Bless!

Attachments

• 0B3319E5-AE2D-47A4-B7E7-2B65C4521F99.jpeg
    0B3319E5-AE2D-47A4-B7E7-2B65C4521F99.jpeg
    281.3 KB · Views: 4
I try to use herbal medicine when ever possible. Here is my recipe for Herbal Antibiotic and Immune System Support.

1 (760 mg) Capsule, Echinacea
1 (400 mg) Capsule, Golden Seal
1 teaspoon Hempseed Protein Powder (or other protein powder)
2 teaspoons warm water
1 teaspoon Agave Nectar, * optional or other sugar

Dosage for chicken:
weight 5 lbs. = 1.25 mL, twice daily

May be given three times daily with an oral syringe, open the beak and put on tongue. The chicken will swallow it.

Give for 7 days, for severe symptoms: lack of appetite, diarrhea & lethargy.
Use for no more than 10 days.

You shouldn't need it for more than 10 days, but if you do. Just stop for 3 days, then repeat.

You should see some improvement in 12-24 hrs. Poops should start to look better. Provide chicken feed, chopped fruits, greens and cooked grains: brown rice, wheat, oats and barley are good.

I hope this helps.
God Bless!
thank you very much

Back
Top Bottom