Something in the corner of eye

New chiken momma

Chirping
Jul 22, 2020
I'm not sure if this is a sickness but I have a rooster he is about 2.5 months old. When I went to put him up for the night I noticed a long white thing coming out of the lower corner of his eye near his beak it's about a inch and a half long. He is cut in the yard all day with his brothers and sisters so I thought he had gotten something stuck in his eye. I tried to get it out I wasn't able to remove it I didn't try to pull on it hard as I wasn't sure what it was and didn't want to hurt or blind him. His eye isn't swollen and no kind of discharge lot anything. If anyone has any ideas I would appreciate them very much. I would take a pic but it's very dark in the pens.

I posted about something in my chickens eye about an hour ago. I was looking around for things online and ran across eye worms. I read that vetrx could help if it early enough and the de could get ride of it. My question is if I use de will it hurt his eye as it stated to sprinkle on eyelids? Please help!!! Ty

I'm not sure if this is a sickness but I have a rooster he is about 2.5 months old. When I went to put him up for the night I noticed a long white thing coming out of the lower corner of his eye near his beak it's about a inch and a half long. He is cut in the yard all day with his brothers and sisters so I thought he had gotten something stuck in his eye. I tried to get it out I wasn't able to remove it I didn't try to pull on it hard as I wasn't sure what it was and didn't want to hurt or blind him. His eye isn't swollen and no kind of discharge lot anything. If anyone has any ideas I would appreciate them very much. I would take a pic but it's very dark in the pens.

----I posted about something in my chickens eye about an hour ago. I was looking around for things online and ran across eye worms. I read that vetrx could help if it early enough and the de could get ride of it. My question is if I use de will it hurt his eye as it stated to sprinkle on eyelids? Please help!!! Ty
Welcome To BYC

I asked that staff combine your threads, but pulled your posts so everyone could see them.
It's best to try to keep to the same thread that way you are not having to hunt for replies.

Tell us where you are located in the world.
Can you please post some photos? Of the eyes and of the cockerel?

Please don't put DE in your chicken's eye. Flush the eye with saline and get a better look at what's in the eye. If it is eye worms, then follow the instructions HERE

Eye worms are fairly rare and they are small and moving.

Welcome To BYC

I asked that staff combine your threads, but pulled your posts so everyone could see them.
It's best to try to keep to the same thread that way you are not having to hunt for replies.

Please don't put DE in your chicken's eye. Flush the eye with saline and get a better look at what's in the eye. If it is eye worms, then follow the instructions HERE

Thank you I don't want to do anything to hurt my chicks. This is the first time I've had babies chicks. They are not babies anymore though. I will flush bus eye and see if I can get a better picture today. I am also going to pick up the wormer you mentioned. So I have it here with then. I am in east Tennessee.
Welcome To BYC

Attachments

• IMG_20200813_134926.jpg
    IMG_20200813_134926.jpg
    683.1 KB · Views: 12
Thank you I don't want to do anything to hurt my chicks. This is the first time I've had babies chicks. They are not babies anymore though. I will flush bus eye and see if I can get a better picture today. I am also going to pick up the wormer you mentioned. So I have it here with then. I am in east Tennessee.
That is really strange looking. I would try to see if I could work that out of the eye. Also look inside his beak to see if there's anything in the Chonal Slit - see the link below.
I'm going to tag in @casportpony @Eggcessive and @dawg53 to take a look too.

http://www.backyardchickens.com/t/1074036/sinus-infections

That is really strange looking. I would try to see if I could work that out of the eye. Also look inside his beak to see if there's anything in the Chonal Slit - see the link below.
I'm going to tag in @casportpony @Eggcessive and @dawg53 to take a look too.

http://www.backyardchickens.com/t/1074036/sinus-infections
Thank you. I got a saline wash and tried to wash his eye out. I barely tried to remove it and it is pulling something in the corner of his eye. I looked at his slit I didn't see anything but had a hard time trying to look at it I'm going to try to look again in a little bit I don't want to stress him. If you might have some pointers on how to try to work it out of his eye I would really be very thankful. I don't want to hurt him at all.

I have never seen anything like that before. After flushing with saline, I would take a moist QTip and try to move it around or get it out. It almost looks like a skinny bird dropping, but could it be a wet detached feather?

Back
Top Bottom